CairnTalk

Mars Coat King Vs Stripping Knives

Just Paws

I am a dog groomer with a 5 year old cairn, which I have been clipping for most of his life. I now own a cairn puppy with a beautiful coat, which I don't want to clip. I just purchased a mars coat king stripper and face and ear knife. I have been using the mars on my older cairn and he prefers that over the clippers. it does a real nice job on the furnishings and on the longer hair on his back. Will the coat king change the coat like clipping does or is it better to use both knife and coat king? Or how do do you find out how to use this tool? I would appreciate some advice, before I use this on my pup. Thanks. Laura

:) I have found that the Mars king comb doesn't change the texture of the coat. I only have one Cairn at this time and have no one else to base this off of. This comb was suggested to me by a Cairn breeder, groomer, handler and confirmed by others in our group. I don't see these folks often enough to visualize the coats on there Cairns. :confused:

Archived