CairnTalk

any suggestions?

sheila and Misty

sheila and Misty

Misty loves the water and her baths and the hose. I was wondering if anyone had bought their cairn a pool and what is the safes type and most durable. nothing big-something on the order of a kiddie pool that we can take down every year and dump the water etc. had one for Scruffy but he didnt like it so we ended up not knowing if it would hold up or be safe and gave it to some neighbor kids. also suggestions as in best material slide vs no slide etc.. We'd really like to get her one since she so enjoys the water and her baths are so infrequent.

I've seen some on the forum that have just your average hard plastic tiny wadding child's pool - we have two of them (our box turlte lives in one) and the other is for the dogs this summer... :) I think I got them at Wal-mart for like $5 or so a piece - cheap fun :)

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

we have one of the toys r us bottle cap pools, hard molded plastic for when we're in FL. THey have a big inground at home! ellie's our water baby. dori likes to sit on the raft.

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

sheila and Misty

great! then it sounds like the plasic ones are safe enough. thanks ! I was worried about the safety of running and jumping in slipping ,sliding,wiping out and getting hurt.

I bought last year at Babies R Us a BABY pool. Much smaller than the children's wading pool and easy to store in the garage. It was only $5.00

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

We use the same one as Scully. Ours was left out all winter, so it needs to be thrown away (cracked). One thing I learned is to buy one AS SOON AS THE STORE GETS THEM IN. I waited one year, and they were sold out right away...which reminds me that I have to look out for a new one!

We keep it on our deck (it's closed in), but the water gets hot if we have several hot days in a row.

Scout doesn't like to play in the water, but she will lie down in the water (even if it's freezing!). She calmly walks over to the pool, climbs in, and slowly lowers her body into the water....it's funny to watch!

Finch use to be afraid of the pool, but she likes it now, and will get in when it's hot.

sheila and Misty

Thanks everyone -My husband said hes gong to pick one up like the picture.. I need something to keep her away from the pond tis summer. thanks again!

Thanks everyone -My husband said hes gong to pick one up like the picture.. I need something to keep her away from the pond tis summer. thanks again!

What has her general reaction to the pond been? We're in the process of buying a house that has a koi pond in the backyard and I've been trying to figure out how we're going to keep him out of it. In my fantasy world, he peers over the edge at the fish and is afraid to go any further. My husband, on the other hand, wants to buy an underground fence to put around the pond. He seems to doubt me and Henry! :)

I use what Scully's mom has pictured but I think it is a bit bigger to fit Cricket and my Lab Lucy...

they LOVE it! I have had it for 4 years and it works great.

I would love to have a real inground pool for them to swim in ..that would be COOL

Dixie is my swimmer. Scruffy loves the pond but doesn't swim very much. We just use the cheap pool from walmart.

post-2622-1174698298_thumb.jpg

post-2622-1174698307_thumb.jpg

sheila and Misty

What has her general reaction to the pond been? We're in the process of buying a house that has a koi pond in the backyard and I've been trying to figure out how we're going to keep him out of it. In my fantasy world, he peers over the edge a the fish and is afraid to go any further. My husband, on the other hand, wants to buy an underground fence to put around the pond. He seems to doubt me and Henry! :)

She really hasnt had a chance because its still netted but tries to get in it,my concern isnt that she will its that the flat rocks we have around it arent cemented and trying to get back out she may pull the rocks on herself or my fish. that could get ugly. but shes definately trying to jump in...my other cairn would peer in but was afraid -never know.I believe once they fall in they may stay away from it.

Archived