CairnTalk

Feeding my dog

Izabella's Mom

Hi Cairnies. I hope you don't mind the term of endearment. :)

I know I will feed my dog real food, possibly even some raw. But I would like to find a good instant food on hand for convenience. So I'm looking for a food with as little preservative as possible. I like organic or game food. I don't want a food with any fillers.

Anyone think along the same lines?

Thanks!

Barbara

P.S. These last 2 days with my baby have been exhausting. It is like having a 2 year old!

Canidae natural dog food

http://www.canidae.com/

You can find it at almost any Feed and Seed farm store.

You must give some time to your fellow men. Even if it's a little thing, do something for others - something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

-Albert Schweitzer (1875 - 1965)

Chase and Gus video

Youtube- Best of Chase and Gus

Cairn Terrierists

It's because cats simply can't be trusted for heavy lifting & dirty work required in the war on terrior.

I do organic/hollistic feeding. I feed Nature's Variety Raw in the morning (3 medallions) mixed with 1 teaspoon of canned raw pumpkin and 1 teaspoon of water (to make it mixable) and at night we feed canned Merrick (either cowboy, buffalo, or venison blend) also with 1 teaspoon of canned raw pumpkin. We've been very pleased with the canned Merrick - has real blueberries and veggies that you can see in it. It smells fantastic - and if we forget to thaw out raw for a morning we've got canned Merrick as our backup in the morning.

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

Another good food is Solid Gold. I read an article in Whole Dog Journal that it's okay to change quality foods every several months or so. We use Canidae but I'm now slowing introducing the Solid Gold Hund-n-Flocken lamb.

I just saw the Solid Gold and was wondering how good it was. I would really be interested in hearing what you think.

6amigos.jpg3amigospose.jpg3amigos.jpgRoscopuppy.jpg3amigos2.jpg

We're the Cairns of America

• 3 weeks later...

We have been using the Solid Gold Hund-n-Flocken Dry food and some of the Solid Gold wet food as well for a little over two years now. The furkids love it. It is all natural, no artificial ingredients or preservatives added. Some of the ingredients are blueberries, cranberries, oatmeal, fish oils such as salmon and white fish, etc.

They have an 800 number where you can call and talk to a nutritionist as well.

Here is a link?

www.solidgoldhealth.com

Barbara

I use Canidae for Jake (GWP) and Solid Gold Puppy for Greta.

They both get a teaspoon of non fat yogurt along with a few teaspoons of Canidae wet. It's been working great for us.

There is no faith which has never yet been broken except that of a truly faithful dog. -- Konard Lorenz

Thank you Barbara, for asking. I meant to ask this same thing and I totally spaced it. Thank you also to everyone that replied. This is a huge help. I have been making all of their food and it's great, they love it and it travels well but I want and emergency back up. I will pass this on to SIL as we were discussing this last night as well.

I feed as natural as I can without doing raw (not available here) I feed Canidae to some of my dogs and Solid Gold to another. Some clients of mine that have French Bulldogs feed raw and supplement with a grain free dog food like INNOVA or Solid Gold's Barking at the Moon. I have Montrose on that and it is really good, (at least that's what he tells me....I have not tried it personally :whistle: ).

Archived