CairnTalk

Some pics to warm your toes...

OzGirl

We are having another blast of summer here with a temp of 104F today and a predicted 107F for the next few days. I think I'm jealous of all you guys surrounded by snow...

We took the girls (and kids) to the beach this morning before it got really hot. We came home at lunch time and the girls still haven't ventured outside yet - it's 6pm :o

It was lovely at the beach today, and the girls had a blast running around and swimming with the kids.

post-1239-1173086018_thumb.jpg

post-1239-1173086051_thumb.jpg

post-1239-1173086114_thumb.jpg

post-1239-1173086128_thumb.jpg

We don't get snowy noses but we do get sandy ones :P

post-1239-1173086154_thumb.jpg

post-1239-1173086171_thumb.jpg

ctdogs.jpg

Oooo I am so jealous lucky you!

Do your dogs cope with the heat ok? I suppose it is cooler on the coast than inland for them.

They look like they are having a great time, do they like to swim?

DSCF0083.jpgDSCF0076.jpgDSCF0080-1.jpg

It has often been said if you have a Cairn Terrier in your home for a year you will have one for the rest of your life

Do your dogs cope with the heat ok? I suppose it is cooler on the coast than inland for them.

They look like they are having a great time, do they like to swim?

*^%#!!!! ...i'm jealous! ...it was -40 with the windchill here this morning!! I can't take too much more of this!hahahaha! ...maggie still manages to want to go outside, although her potty breaks are quick and much closer to the backdoor!!

a

I took Kenna to the beach yesterday for the first time. I was hoping she would get in the water, as she likes to roll in the water fountains at dog parks, but I think it was too cool for her yesteday as it was only 70F. We saw another Cairn there and he was dripping wet, so maybe not.

Digging for sand creatures?

DSC02976r.jpg

Sand face

DSC02977r.jpg

Chillin'

DSC02983r.jpg

It's not snow, but we have to make due with what we have.

NOT FAIR, the beach and the snow both of which I love and I am stuck with the GA red clay.

Great shots!

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

whew that is a bit warm............I have a friend who lives in Austrailia, I talked to her the other day and she said how hot it was where they live (Southern coast) I forgot the seasons are backwards.

Looking forward to summer now more than ever............

Krista

We are sooooooooooooooooooo jealous!!! We were caught in that ice and snow storm the last 2 weeks. 500 down powerlines just in our county! Thankfully the temperature has reached a blistering 28 F so hopefully it will melt some of it off!!! It's supposed to hit 40 by the end of the week...woohoo! lol

6amigos.jpg3amigospose.jpg3amigos.jpgRoscopuppy.jpg3amigos2.jpg

We're the Cairns of America

:offtopic: PS...Australia is my DREAM vacation. Hopefully for the honeymoon...maybe we can bring our pups and leave them at your house ;) j/k

6amigos.jpg3amigospose.jpg3amigos.jpgRoscopuppy.jpg3amigos2.jpg

We're the Cairns of America

NOT FAIR, the beach and the snow both of which I love and I am stuck with the GA red clay.

Boy do I feel you! Not just red clay but TORNADOS and red clay! We had one here last week and it really messed up some places. Very scary!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

You all are killing me with the sweet doggie pictures!!! Oh my, I just want to pick each one up, shake the sand off, and give a big hug....sooooo cute!

Ohhh, we are SOOOOOOOO jealous here!!!! We have soggy lawns from the snow STILL melting in Denver! I would love to see what our babies would do in sand... even if it was just a sand box! Thanks for the wonderful beach photos!

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

Do your dogs cope with the heat ok?
They usually just hang around inside. We have tiles in the main living area so they like to lie there cos the tiles are always cool.

On days like today (got to 107) they miss out on going for a walk cos they would end up with heat stroke.

do they like to swim?

Both of them will swim if I go in the water and sometimes they will swim to the kids. But I'm not sure if they enjoy it or just think we need saving :D I found that because of theirl size even the small waves are big enough to dump them, so we have to watch them carefully.

how hard is it to get the sand out of their fur?

I usually just rinse them off in the bath when we get home. If I didn't I would be sweeping it up from around the house cos as they dry it just falls out.

mrskti after seeing your snow video I think maybe I do have the better deal after all. It looks like great fun to play in, but how do you guys get anywhere in all that snow? Surely you can't drive in it?

ctdogs.jpg

oh yes, i drive all over. We have a quarter mile diveway and that's sort of a pain. But, we have 4x4 trucks though so we just bust through it. I'd go stir crazy if i couldnt get out.

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

Wow, Terry, that is a MONSTER snow blower!!! Is that an attachment to a tractor or is the whole machine a snow thrower????

We are beach goers as well, and as far as sand goes, I just rinsed Barney off in the outside shower, then he went in his ex-pen. By the time he was dry, all the sand was on the floor! It doesn't seem to stick! And a good once over with the brush takes care of the rest.

I am amazed at the heat "Down Under"! To be honest, it sounds heavenly right now! I can't tell you how sick I am of Illinois winter and the cold and wind. I thought the wind would NEVER stop blowing last weekend.

Here's my favorite pic of the Barnster last fall in the Outer Banks. We are going again this year, Lord willing!!

P1010058.jpg

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

sheila and Misty

loved all the pictures ! us well last night it was in the teens and yesterday 3 degrees with 20mph wind.

its been mostly muddy here because it will snow a few inches the sun will melt it leaving a muddy mess. Then it snows again which is where we are right now-next week hopefully some of the mud will dry up, should be in the 60's March -april is rough around here! Especially with digger dogs. WeHave to wash the mud out of her toes and off her face E-v-e-r-y-time she comes in. and we all know how many times they go out throught the day. thats us unpredictable pa. your all lucky muddy dog is no fun.

Ditto on the being JEALOUS!!!

It has been a looooong winter here in IL and can't wait for summer!!

Great pics and thanks for sharing!

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

Archived