CairnTalk

Good Chew Toys For Pup?

Guest posting as: kayharley

Guest posting as: kayharley

Within the past week I have had to throw out at least 7 of Madison's toys because she's demolished them....most were plastic but it took her about 5 minutes to tear a stuffed dog toy apart.

What are good, safe and durable chew toys for teething puppies? I've looked at some of the nylon bones but I'm concerned about her eating them even though they supposed to be edible. Thanks

Wes has the nylon bones- Thank God for them. Some times the pieces do come off- but it's not like he's swallowing a chunk.

He once swallowed the foam from his bad, but it all came out in the end-nylabone would be barely detectable

He also has the Kongs. He uses the small one as a pacifier in the evenings. It looks so cute-all that's missing is the baby ring!

Yes, he can also demolish toys in one sitting.

Look for toys marked for aggressive chewers. Holly nearly died after getting splinters from a Hartz brand artificial bone caught in her intestines. The nylabones and Kongs are fairly indestructable with her. Kate

Smokey can rip up a squeaky toy in under five minutes but the rubber kongs last forever. Put a treat inside and your dog will be entertained for ages. Stay away from pig's ear, rawhide and similar chewies.. They make my boys sick

Hi! Riley loves the kongs - - I put gourmet canned dog food in the little ones and freeze them - - they last for hours and it is a real treat because he doesn't get this kind of dog food often. Also I buy the marrow soup bones and bake them for about 20 minutes - - he will chew on this for days!!

Hi,

A toy that Abe loves, is the braided rope. He will play tug of war for as long as you last!! The rougher we play and drag him around the better he loves it.

Also, the fuzzy tennis balls, he throws them around himself and chases them through the house, quite amusing to behold. :D

SignaturePics.jpg

Zoe has a Beanie Buddy which happens to be a brown cat that she loves! Her favorite thing to do is hang on to it while we "mop the floor" with her! It's the funniest thing. She will hang on to it and we spin her around the kitchen floor. She also has a squeaky ball that she loves to fetch.

:w00t:

Archived