CairnTalk

Goofy Uprights

mrseggcup

WOOF! Eli, here. We CUR members know how challenging having Uprights can be! They are bossy, unpredictable, demanding, and opinionated. But they can be sweet and generous, too.

I LOVE it when the Alpha B takes off my collar and gives me a long, slow neck rub! Mmmmmm........

What does YOUR Upright do to warm your heart?

Woof!

Eli B)

I love it when my upright scratches and itches my butt - right on both sides of my tail.... I can't get enough - I also love it when my upright mommy gets on the floor and lets me crawl into her lap and when my upright daddy let's me clean his ears...

- Brystal

I love it when my uprights play ball with me. They throw it just right so I can catch it and bring it back to them. They'll do this for hours because they love me lots...

- Hollie

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

I love it when my uprights scratch me right on top of my head, in between my ears. I make sure their ears are clean in return. They REALLY appreciate it.

I also love the weekends, when we all lay in bed until later. Otherwise they're always rushing around doing stuff. I don't need a bath-why do they!?

And car rides! We always go somewhere fun.

I like it when my Mommie Beas lets me snuggle right next to her on the couch while she's doing those

silly Sudoku puzzles. She scratches my head and rub my ears and gets

all lovey dovey when I give her a schnuffle in return.

Sweet Pea

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

I love it when my Mommy says "UP!" and I jump up snuggle up on her lap when she's reading or watching that square box with something they call channels. I love it when my daddy's in bed and mommy picks me up and I jump all over him giving him kisses. He REALLY likes that so I like to make him happy.

I love it when my Mommy, I mean my UPRIGHT (sorry, Eli!), tickles my back knees. Oh, I could just fall asleep when she does that! I also like when she scratches just above my tail, on my cute little butt. My Dad tickles my belly while he's reading the paper, and that's nice, too.

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

I love it when mommy shoots the can of whip cream for me, I dance all over the place for that stuff!!! Just dont get caught with white stuff around your nose!!!!

Ellie Mae

I like it when mommy lets me sleep on her pillow.....

Dori

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

Some things I love about my uprights by Saidi.

I love it when my mommy is on the couch and she let's me crawl up on her chest and snuggle.

I love it when after dinner my daddy yell's "Saidi, do you want to go for a walk"? Stupid question, but he does love me :wub:

I love sleeping up next to daddy as close as I can get. And no, I did not push him off the bed. He must have rolled over on accident :halo:

I love how easy it was to teach the uprights how to play ball. Sometimes they catch on a bit slow but they always work it out.

I LOVE BEDTIME SNACKS!!!

The end

I love my upright, I follow her everywhere she goes, but I especially love when she gets the electric mixer out, cause that means she is going to mix up treats for us.

Spike

I love laying in my uprights lap, but I especially love when she lets me run loose in a big field to hunt critters, I love my ball alot too and I make my upright throw it, I just bark at her until she does!

Spring

I love everything about life, cause I'm a puppy. I love it when my upright laughs, then I lick her face. I love it when she takes us to a place called the "training club", I scream going in the door, there are dogs and people and treats, it's so fun. I also love stealing Spring's toys, I know she loves it cause then she chases me!

Shiner

Linda
MACH3 Red Lion Springin Miss Macho CDX RAE OF ME
Marquee Cairnoch Glintofmacho CD RE MX MXJ OF ME

Glenmore Hjour Summer Sun

I love it when mommy shoots the can of whip cream for me, I dance all over the place for that stuff!!! Just dont get caught with white stuff around your nose!!!!

i just spit my glass of wine all over..laughing...visualizing this...heheeeee. :lol:

Cricket here, I like it when my uprights rub my belly and sing silly songs to me...you know rock songs but they insert cute words that are about me instead of the lyrics...

Izzie the Puppy Girl here: When the human takes her socks off, I'm in heaven! I heard her say the words "toe fetish," but that's gobbledygook to me. I just like licking! And she tastes good to me! Besides, then she doesn't have to leave my sight to take a shower!

Yo, Eli! Neckrubs rock! :thumbsup:

I love it when my mom has a big snuggly sweatshirt or sweater on and she picks me up and puts me on her lap. When I am cold and sleepy I love curling up and burrowing my nose down in her warm shirt and going to sleep....

I also love it when she takes her fingernails and scratches all up and down my back! And of course, the collar area scratch is heavenly.... :innocent:

And of course that magical word that is music to any dog's ears..... Let's WALK!!! B)

Later, Dude!

Barney

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

Elliott here....When I jump up on her lap when she's sitting in MY favorite chair...the nice soft leather recliner. Then she'll put me in this dumb human sitting postiton next to her and ya know what...I like it!! The best part is there's no room for anyone else in that chair, especially Maddy. :whistle:

Maddy's turn now....Hmmmm, I think when she gives me those back rubs and I stretch out like a rabbit putting my back legs out straight and Elliott just watches.

Well, I'm Winnie and I love the quiet times with my lady without that nasty brother and annoying sister around. We play fetch in the hallway and I make sure to make alot of noise just to aggrevate my "siblings". And believe it or not but I love being groomed. Sometime I actually fall asleep while she's doing my nails...talk about contentment.

We love it when daddy is on the sofa and we jump up and sleep right next to his face....boy, does he have a nice "water bed" to sleep on!

Scout and Finch

WOOF! Eli, here. I love it when the Alpha B lets me help with the dishes ;) before she puts them in the dishwasher. This doesn't happen very often, tho. Those rare times I get to help she always says something about good thing we have hot water and stuff. Something about "cooties". I don't pay any attention.

WOOF!

Eli B)

Eli, we try to lick the dishes in the dishwasher, but our humans are always telling us to stop it. We DO get to lick her bowl (that has oatmeal) every morning because she's just too lazy to wash the dried up oatmeal...so we save her time and effort...lazy humans!! (shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

Dusty here. I like it when my uprights say oops. That must be upright for raining food! Mom says oops the most........sometimes I think she oopses because I'm so cute.

I love it when my mommy scratches my belly. She does it every morning when she gets me out of my bed. She calls it "our time", whatever that means. Maybe it is human talk for good belly scratches! Sometimes I just walk over to her and lay down on my back and she gets the hint.

-Jack

Jack's Mom

Eli, sometimes when my Mom or Dad aren't looking, I just climb right up in the dishwasher and get to work. You'd think they'd be grateful for the help, but they usually just chase me out. I do catch them laughing afterwards though...

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Ah, the dishwasher.... That is a big NO NO for me at my house! If I even come near the silverware Mommy gives me a firm NO and I just walk away because I know from the look in her eyes she means it! But true to Cairn stubbornness, every time she opens the dishwasher I go over and try to sneak a lick, just to see if she still means it!! But sure enough, the NO comes quick and away I go! I think Mommy doesn't want me to cut my tongue on the knives!

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

Archived