CairnTalk

Busy 1st 5 days

Darc

post-2399-1170374176_thumb.jpgpost-2399-1170374008_thumb.jpg

Here he is on DD's lap and all cuddled up

Well I thought I had better update everyone on Pipers 1st few days at home. They have been sooo busy. I have had to re-learn what it is like to have a baby around again. No paper training here - but many many trips outside. Piper is doing pretty darn good. Has adjusted to his crate like a trooper. Sleeps from 10pm to about 4Am then has to have a pee. Then back to bed until 6AM

We put a collar on him the 2nd day home and he fell into a fit of total depression. :confused1: Left it on for 36 hrs and decided to take it off for now and try again in another week. He literally quit eating, playing, and drinking. The collar was ALL CONSUMMING. Too much I guess all at once.

Anyways here are a few pics. - Maybe not. getting an "Internal Server Error" report. Will try again in a sec

How sweet! Congrats to you and your new arrival! You are going to have so much fun. Good luck getting a full nights sleep this week! :hug:

What a cutie!

Welcome home Piper.

:wub:

There is no faith which has never yet been broken except that of a truly faithful dog. -- Konard Lorenz

OMG.... i love him. I want to cuddle him and kiss his itty bitty widdle face!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are so lucky. he looks amazingly beautiful!!!!!

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

Piper is adorable!

Just a word of caution when you do try him with a collar again - always take it off when you put him in his crate. Collars can catch on the crate - and you don't even want to think about what can happen as a result.

He is so sweet :wub: Lucky you!!!!!!!

DSCF0083.jpgDSCF0076.jpgDSCF0080-1.jpg

It has often been said if you have a Cairn Terrier in your home for a year you will have one for the rest of your life

Piper is just adorable!!!! I love his coloring!

Enjoy the puppy days....I know they are very LONG......but they go by too quickly!

Piper is such a cutie! His coat is just an amazingly cool color! I can't wait to see more pics. We had a "collars are torture" puppy too. After a couple of weeks, we just put it on and made him deal with it...it sure did feel like we were torturing him though. That's how they train you - with their incredible cuteness!

He is a young baby - only 8 weeks old in these pictures. Our vet, who is our breeder knows us well otherwise - no go until 12 weeks.

We will be taking another pup from her next year (08) sometime. Probably one of her Westies.

Archived