CairnTalk

I think we have an EAR! finally....

goforette

Well at first I was affraid Brystal was coming down with an ear infection (hince shaking her head often) but I think it's just disturbing her that her ear will no longer flop down.... I think it's finally permanently up - at 11 months! She's my late bloomer..... although I think Chris and I are kind of missing the floppy ear just a little bit... it just made her look so little an innocent....

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

I bet you're right. A German Shepherd I used to have did exactly that when she was a puppy when one of her ears popped up. She'd shake her head until it went down again. I ended up having to tape it up :twisted:

I know a floppy ear on a Cairn is a no-no as far as show quality goes but with our Molly (part JR/Scottie mix) I am going to overlook it as one of her ears has no cartiledge in it and flops over. No show dog material in her but we love her just the same. I remember when our previous two Cairns were puppies and we worried about their ears and if they would ever stand up...they did and seems to me it was like an overnight thing. One day floppy, the next day standing at attention. Strange phenomenon that.

I know what you mean about the overnight thing - I loved Bruski's look when one ear was up and the other was down. I was a little sad when they both stood up b/c it meant he was growing up :)

Awwww, she lost her floppy ear huh??? I understand what you mean... it makes them look so puppy-like. Guess she's "growing up"!

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

Oh well another baby grows up.........sheeewwt I just love that baby look. Can you put some pictures of her on with her "new look"?

Oh well another baby grows up.........sheeewwt I just love that baby look. Can you put some pictures of her on with her "new look"?

Yes this weekend I'll take some pictures of the new Brystal.... she's all ears - or maybe I'm just not used to seeing her like this...

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

she's all ears - or maybe I'm just not used to seeing her like this...

You're right... she looks all ears because it's a new thing for you. I remember when Darcy's last ear poppped up. I kept telling my huband I wanted to tape it back down!

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

congratulations on the ear :)

At over 2 yrs old, Teona will always have 1 floppy ear. I love it, fits her personality to a "T" LOL

I didnt think one of Dori's ears would ever pop up, then I had her prof. groomed and once they tipped them with the cliipers, pop, up it went. I always said Dori looked like the flying nun!!! and Ellie was ALL EARS!!!!

doriears.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

When Ellie was a pup and her ears started to stand up, one day one ear would be up and the other flopped; the next day they would switch. She looked so silly and cute that my daughter wished she would stay that way, with one ear up and the other down. Needless to say, they both stand up very well now that she is a mature dog.

Laurie

I agree that I love that sweet puppy look with one ear up and one ear down. Jack had that going on for a while and it was so adorable! They finally stood up and stayed up......it was h ;) is "grown up" look.

Jack's Mom

Count me in as another that loves the "one ear up, one down" look!

I bugged my vet constantly about Scout's ears...they just seemed sooooooooo big at first! After her hair grew in, they looked just perfect.

Ellie does the same thing. In fact, she seems to be afraid of the camera! Hard to get a good pic of her when she won't "pose"!

Laurie

Archived