CairnTalk

The perfume fiasco

wags

I got a free spray of department store perfume. It was my favorite- until that evening.

Suddenly my little shnookums began to get amorous. He wanted to mount EVERYTHING, and I had to be the "love Police" for several days. I researched the ingredients in my perfume and found it contained "ylang ylang... an aphrodisiac..."

I thought sugary gelatin made him wired. But this was WORSE! It were as if he had ADD, ADHD...

Then I read about the calming scent of vanilla, and, in desperation, bought a scented candle. The thing was so huge I didn't even have to light it to smell it. And it seems to have worked. He's back to his old, calm self.

No more perfume for us!

Back in the 80's there was a perfume that came out which contained phermones, the scent that attracts one animal to another. I forget what it was called, but it supposedly attracted men to the woman who wore it! Maybe your perfume had phermones in it and your dog went nuts looking for a "friend"!

I use pure ylang ylang in soap making and I don't recall it having any significant affect on me, my dh or Barney!

The mystery continues! Interesting about the vanilla candle settling your dog down though! I'll have to permanently light one near Barney at all times! :candle::lol:

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

Archived