CairnTalk

Puppy Training Advice.... Please!

Mom2Scamp

Puppy Training Advice, PLEASE!

:!:

Hi.... you'd think I'd know how to handle this after having Gretta and Annabelle, but I'm having a stressful time with little Scamp! Right now I have him in a play yard in my kitchen so he can be confined yet still move around. I also keep my Doxie (Gretta) in there with him, so he isn't lonely. When he's lonely he is a "screamin' demon"!!! Of course, he still screams some even when she is in there too!!! But anyway, he will go outside and potty when Gretta does, but he is peeing and pooping like crazy still in his play pen. (Which again is my kitchen floor) Needless to say the smell is horrible and the mess (sticky) is nasty. I know I had crate trained both Gretta and AnnaBelle, but Scamp screamed right away when I crated him. So..... I was hoping to give him more freedom by buying this play pen for him, but it just gives him more room to potty, and still have room to lie down. Is it too late to go back to the crate training idea ... I KNOW he will scream bloody murder if I do ... but what is the best suggestion! HEEEEEELP!!!

Guest mOmOfaBe

Hi,

My hubby follows this board so I thought it was time for me to join in also. Hello to everyone.

I am by no means an educated trainer, but I thought I would share our experiences with Abe (7mths old). He was horrified of the crate, cried and everyone morning at 6 am it was bath time as he seemed to wallow in the mess........peee--ewwwwwww

anyway, we blocked of so much area with gates or whatever, and left the puppy potty pad where we wanted him to go, it took a while for him to understand, then we had to go through the bad aim time (which he is still guilty of from time to time) but he was glad to lay in his bed that we put in a corner of our room (our choice place) and things got much more pleasant.

If anyone can give me anymore input, please feel free.

mOmOfaBe

Archived