CairnTalk

Is this a Cairn thing?

Barney's Mom

I just had to ask if anyone else has a Cairn that loves to stand or lay down on you or your hubby's back? My husband will lay down on the kitchen floor after work and Barney will run for his bone and leap up on his back to chew on it! I didn't know if this was unique to Barney or if other's dogs did this. He paused from chewing when I took this picture:

00000014_10.jpg

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

Sorry, never seen this behaviour before, however, Fergus does use me as springboard to launch himself from one sunlounger to another (I have the bruises to prove it - it's summer in New Zealand). However, I must ask - what the heck is that black thing his lead is attached to?

An Enquiring Mind

Yours Welly

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around

lol well sometimes when i am giving the hubby a back massage angel will jump on his back and stratch it is the cutiest thing ever!!!

some times when he laying down she also just sits where ever she please if it on his head, his back, or lol inbetween his legs...

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

When Baxter was a pup (16 weeks or so), several times he'd just go crazy when our neighbor visited, and actually sat on his bald head :cry: I just wanted to die! I would just chuck it up to a dominance thing - which would be in their traits.

All I have to do is be on the ground on my hands and knees, and super jumper Brattwurst thinks its Fun to jump on your back.

I've tried to discourage this since he started doing it, but he is very fast! It can make cleaning very interesting.

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

If Savannah wants to sit in my lap and I am laying on my stomach, sometimes she will get on my back. More frequently she will lay on the back of my legs but sometimes she will get on my back. Who knows what they are thinking???

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Brystal loves to jump on Chris' back one time he was bending down to love on Hollie and Brystal leaped off the couch and jumped on his back I was so worried she was going to hurt herself it was just so sudden. She also loves to walk on his stomach if he's lying on his back in the house - she walks all over him.... HA!

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

Hmmm... I'm not sure about my back but definitely my lap and side. If I'm on the couch watching TV, I am guaranteed to be kept warm by Cody. Even if I am laying down sideways on the couch. He gets himself on top of me as a kind of balancing act. He doesn't do it for my hubby - just me. I chalk it up to part dominance (I can't resist) and part wanting to be with me.

CodyHead.jpg

That is a very cute picture. Mia, who is very submissive, loves to lay on my stomach when I lay on the couch. Over the weekend we took a nice long nap that way. Brody seems to prefer a proper dog bed!

Packy will lay on top of me when I'm not feeling well. Since I've had the flu the last few days, he's been spending a lot of time on the couch with me. It's pretty sweet, actually. He likes to jump on nieces and newphews when they're playing on the floor -- it's a great game and they think it's fun, too.

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Scout and Finch do this with my DH, who sleeps on his stomach. I think they prefer the top of his stomach.....I call it their "water bed". :)

Archived