CairnTalk

Acorn Fetish

mollysmom1

I wonder if anyone else's cairn has an acorn fetish like Molly. We live in a neighborhood of oak trees, thus millions of acorns to deal with. Molly has never seen an acorn that she doesn't like! She has managed to carry home 5 acorns-that's her personal best-on our walks. It is hysterical to watch her when she has a bunch in her mouth and she tries to add just 1 or 2 more. Inevitably the ones in her mouth fall out, and she's running around like crazy trying to retrieve them. She can spend hours on this game. Of course we think it's the cutest thing ever!

That is funny! She must look like a chipmunk hoarding nuts! :lol:

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

OMG! our neighboors Oak tree drops acorns on our driveway all year- Mett & Bratt chew on them, and carry one inside every so often. They make 'the sound of destruction' when they chew on them, So if they have one i'm always prying it out of the mouth thinking it's plastic or something.

How funny that your fur baby does this too.

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

woof. Eli, here. Acorns are fun to toss around, too! Hey guys, bring one in and hide it in your bed, then chomp it in the middle of the night. Uprights like when you do that!

woof.

Eli B)

Scout has done this since she was a puppy. She loves to eat acorns and it's a struggle to keep them out of her mouth. Our vet said to keep her from eating them....but how can I do that when I have millions of them!!! She hasn't gotten sick from them yet, and I would love it if she just carried them around.

Try to be careful about acorns although I know it is difficult. A little Jack Russel belonging to a member on another forum became very ill not so long ago :( He wouldn't eat and became very listless. X Rays showed a blockage in his intestines so he had an emergency op to remove it. The blockage was an acorn!

DSCF0083.jpgDSCF0076.jpgDSCF0080-1.jpg

It has often been said if you have a Cairn Terrier in your home for a year you will have one for the rest of your life

Archived