CairnTalk

Stinky Dog

Tracy A.

Mett & Bratt just had a bath on 12/9 at the groomers place- Mettwurst managed to find something so stinky today while my husband was walking them, that my hand now smells where i petted him! and it isn't a nice scent either. A kin to a kritter marking it's territory... a bit oily in nature. I'd like them to smell somewhat decent for my Xmas visit with my parents in Chicago at the end of the week... I tried baby wipes, and that didn't work on Metty's Perfume--- I don't want to bathe him again... any suggestions?

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Scout will roll in stinky stuff too, if I don't pull her away fast enough. I have tried baby wipes, wipes with lysterine....nothing works except bathing her, and I have to soap her up twice!

Scout will roll in stinky stuff too, if I don't pull her away fast enough. I have tried baby wipes, wipes with lysterine....nothing works except bathing her, and I have to soap her up twice!

That's what I was afraid of...

If I didn't have a road trip to my parents house, I would just let it wear off Metty naturally (its that a mothers love or what)- I dont' think its so good for his skin to have baths back to back...

I'm going to try one last thing before putting him in the tub.... i'll report back later tonight..

My husband has taken to singing 'Stinky Dog' :huh:

50/50 solution of plain Listerine and water. I keep it in a spray bottle and when Lucy and Cricket roll in dead stuff..which is everyday..

I spray down a washclothe and spot clean and it neutralizes even the most disgusting smells.

• 3 weeks later...

I just tried a new product on Mettwurst, for the 'stinky dog' smell on him. Brad has posted about Pro-line Self rinse shampoo before, and I ordered a bottle.

Just used it on Mett today. And my report is in, it works great!

I first tried to just wipe his stinky areas down with a towel and the shampoo, and it didn't work. I ended up pouring some diretly on the stinky areas and working it into a lather, and removing it with a towel.... and Poof! Magic! fresh dog! :magic: Since I spot cleaned, I did a sniff over to see where else he needed a touch up!

Brad Thank you! :thumbsup:

I also waited until Mett was completly dry and sniffed him again, before posting. I know some of us have the same issue with our dogs rolling in 'stinky stuff'.

Archived