CairnTalk

My name is Eli and I am a barkaholic

mrseggcup

Woof! Eli, here! You all know that as Fearless Leader of CUR, I advocate chaos and mayhem. I carry this out every evening whole heartedly! I practice what I preach. After all, there are critters out there and it is my job to keep them out of my territory. Apparently, SOME uprights around here do not appreciate my efforts and try to thwart them daily. Like that stupid bark collar! HA! When I realized that pathetic thing didn't hurt, I just kept barking, allowing the sonic beep to contribute to the chaos! I really have that "Alpha" B of mine trained, if you know what I mean. BWAHAHAHA! I get treats for running in and out of the house and eventually, if I create enough chaos, I get confined with a bully stick. Hey, by then I can use a little break anyway. No wonder I act all crazy every night! Who wouldn't???? If you aren't doing this already, I recommend you start right away.

This chaos and barking really upsets the older-than-dirt dude, and then in turn, the Alpha B. When I am not busy RUNNINGAROUNDALLCRAZYBARKINGMYFOOLHEADOFF I have heard some talk about "re-homing me". What's THAT? It seems that Alph B, who is at her wit's end, is having major foot surgery very soon and will be on crutches for 6 weeks! She doubts her ability to meet my needs. Hey, all I need is the freedom to do you-know-what and eat bully sticks. I do not know if she is serious about the re-homing thing. What do you guys think? I just can't seem to stop acting all crazy at night!

WoofWOOFWOOFWOOFWOOF!!!

Eli B)

It wouldn't be the end of the world if he was not able to go out at night except on leash. Indeed during squirrel season, during the 5:00 AM outing, that's exactly what the Alpha B around here does with our Loud Boy. Perhaps older-than-dirt dude could incorporate an after-dinner and before-bed trip outside for Eli during recovery.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

It wouldn't be the end of the world if he was not able to go out at night except on leash. Indeed during squirrel season, during the 5:00 AM outing, that's exactly what the Alpha B around here does with our Loud Boy. Perhaps older-than-dirt dude could incorporate an after-dinner and before-bed trip outside for Eli during recovery.

I second Brad- The ability to haul in the dogs at night/early morning via leash is a life saver for me....

I barely have my eyes open at 5am- : )

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

We are pretty lucky as (knock on wood) Brody and Mia do not fulfill the mission of CUR by RUNNINGAROUNDALLCRAZYBARKINGTHEIRFOOLHEADSOFF. When ever they do bark more than a few times (say 10) we bring them inside. Usually a warning shout from the deck quiets them down. We are also lucky that in our neighborhood everyone has decent size lots so even though dogs bark in the neighborhood it isn't that disturbing.

Brody's breeder ran her house like a boot camp, so he came to us in really good shape and while we don't run a boot camp we don't hesitate to confine Brody and Mia when they get crazy. Mia was a bit of a rebel as a puppy, but at about 18 months she turned into a really good girl. Still it is a daily grind, we recently had to start closing all the bedroom doors as Brody had started hiding out in there and not going outside when we wanted him to.

I seem to recall that Eli has been to obedience school, but maybe he needs a refresher. We still practice the basic commands a few times a week, so they remember who is boss. Still, I'm thinking of taking Brody for a refresher course as he seems to have developed a few phobias (cameras and thunderstorms to name two).

Whoa, Eli! The RH (re-homing) word is code for "you better shape up or you'll be walking the streets with all your worldly possessions in a red bandana tied to the end of a stick"! If I were you I would try to put the breaks on the barking. My not-quite-as-old-as-dirt male upright really gets ticked off when I bark only a little bit! Mommy said she would like to send HIM downstairs and put HIM in the crate! :D Mommy is much more patient than that guy! But fortunately he is at work all day and doesn't have to deal with my outbursts! She says she learned to be patient with noise when my little upright was a fussy baby, so my barking doesn't get to her much!

Dude, it's only 4 days to Christmas, so you better mind your P's and Q's or that paw shaped stocking is gonna be pretty empty! I have tried to be extra good lately so I don't jeopardize my Christmas morning rewards! I even go from the kitchen to my crate in the basement OFF LEASH if Mommy has my "cookie" in hand! Oooo, I'm gettin' good....

Bark On (quietly)

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

woof. (shhhh......) Eli, here. OK, I have turned it down a notch cuz I am not sure if she is serious or not. You never can tell with Uprights, they can be so unpredictable. It's in their breeding if you know what I mean. The Alpha is pretty powerless right now with her foot all messed up and will be for a long time. The older-than-dirt dude and the teen-alien are pretty useless as you can imagine. It's not the outside barking that bugs the old dude. It's the inside "gee-I-know-I-was-just-out-but-I-hear-SOMETHING" bark that upsets him. Anyway, I can tell they are not happy so I have been good, for now. I did hear the Alpha tell the prehistoric person not to make her choose between us. If we are not careful, she might re-home BOTH of us! I think the old one is trying to be more tolerant.

Besides, Santa is coming! With a big bag of bully sticks, I hope. Maybe I should give the old guy a bully stick.

(softly, now) woof.

Eli B)

Hi Eli- Savannah here! So I don't know if you were around last time this Santa guy came but he is AWESOME! I think being good is probably in your best interest. Besides, it is only 4 more days you have to be good and then you can RUNAROUNDALLCRAZYBARKINGYOURFOOLHEADOFF again! As you always say, keep 'em guessing. What is really fun is to have them brag about how good you have been and then tear something up REAL good just to show them that you are good on YOUR terms. These uprights are so hard to train. My uprights have enrolled me in a private training class! What is up with that???? I am scanning the Yellow Pages for an upright trainer. Then we will see how they like this training stuff.

Savannah

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Hey Eli, Susie here... I've been banned from going outside at night too cos I keep RUNAROUNDALLCRAZYBARKINGMYFOOLHEADOFF and the upright dad recons the neighbours will complain - don't know why cos I'm doing them all a favour scaring the rat that I know has moved into one of the creepers on the fence.

Woof woof!!

ctdogs.jpg

woof. Eli, here. I am still being good, at least til that Santa guy come. At least I know better than to bark at HIM! I heard ya gotta leave him some cookies. That will be hard. I am in charge of any cookies left around. :whistle: Can we bark at reindeer?

These Uprights just don't get it. *sigh* We do our very best to keep vermin and BEARS away and they do not appreciate it. :confused:

But in the interest of harmony, I am being as good as I can. But they can't say I didn't warn them if BEARS take over our yard!

woof.

Eli B)

Archived