CairnTalk

A New England Pup

anerio

My partner and I would like to start the Spring with a new Cairn puppy. John was not sure he wanted a dog for a long time, and now he has the bug....I am a long time lover of Cairns, having three in the past, and I miss them terribly. We just bought a three acre property near the Rhode Island border in Ma., and we Summer at the beach....John works at home and will be a loving friend to a new pup, and will benefit himself, more that he can understand. If you have any leads, I would love to hear from you....I am especially interested in dogs with Caithness Rufus in their line somewhere...all mine in the past were related.

Thanks

Bill

I always feel dumb making this suggestion since 9/10 times folks have already done it, but just in case -- be sure to check out the CTCA breeder referral search page: http://www.cairnterrier.org/breeders/ - you can search by location on a map or by state name.

You are very likely to be able to find some Rufus in the background of a new pup (if you go back far enough). Rufus was an influential dog in the breed. Just for fun, try the Cairn Pedigree Search -- http://www.cairn.dk/ped -- use the 'slow' search for the words 'caithness rufus' and you can get his pedigree and some idea of his influence (click the 'breeding info' link in the search results). The database has not been updated in a while, but it is still a fun and useful resource.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived