CairnTalk

We will miss you Pokey

brin145

Pokey was our 14 year old mixed breed that we loved and will miss. Yesterday, we took her to let the vet help her pass on out of her pain. She was our "little old lady" who put up with all the sheninagans of two rough housing Cairns. I'm sorry that we waited so long to let her go. It was out of selfish love, nothing else.

Run free to the bridge little Pokey :wub:

DSCF0083.jpgDSCF0076.jpgDSCF0080-1.jpg

It has often been said if you have a Cairn Terrier in your home for a year you will have one for the rest of your life

So sorry. I know how you feel about waiting maybe a little too long. I lost my beloved 19 year old Siamese kitty a few months ago. Thank God I had Jeter and Bernie to ease the pain. Time and memories heal.

Jetersmom(and Bernie's)

I'm so sorry for your loss. I was the hardest thing I ever did last March putting our 13 yr old Cairn down 'Simon'. I knew it was long overdue and had been talking about doing it for some time. The vet and I were both bawling as he had gotten to know him quite well. It was terrible. We now have Max and we all love him to death but my daughter (7) still every once in a while goes to bed crying over Simon. Usually when she's over tired! She worries that Max is going to pass on too someday. It's very hard but know that you've done the right thing. I doubted myself for a long time that maybe I shouldn't have done it but know deep down it was the right thing. I wish Max could have met him. My heart goes out to you.

Sorry for your loss... It is such a difficult decision to come to and it never seems like the right time. Peace be with you and your family.

Linda

I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose them especially when the decision to let them pass is in our hands. Take comfort in knowing that you gave Pokey a wonderful life and did the right thing by letting her go.

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Yesterday we received a sympathy card with a poem about the Rainbow Bridge and it just made me cry one more time. Pokey had been sick for a while and so we knew it was coming. That didn't make it any easier at all. I don't know if I would have waited so long if I had a "do-over". It was horrible how bad she was on Friday night. My husband was angry at himself for waiting and sat up with her for a lot of the night. I was just sure that she would pass away in the night, but she didn't. It 's so hard to know when it is time, but I was 100% sure at that point. I know that she was tired and hurting in this world. Okay, I have turned on the waterworks again....Anyway, thanks for your reassurance.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is very hard but you knew it was time and didn't let the suffering continue.

We hold on for us, we love them so much we dont want to ever let go.

You are not alone.

Godspeed Pokey

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

Dear Brin & Family,

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope it comforts you to know others here know your pain & share in your grief.

Godspeed Pokey - "May rainbows run beside you in skies forever blue"

Sincerely,

Barbara

Archived