CairnTalk

Info On Breeder

fore2626

Hi:

My wife and I are planning on buying a Cairn terrier in late spring 2004. We recently talked to a breeder that lives in a nearby town. She is planning on having a litter sometime in April. Do you have any tips on what to look for when choosing a breeder? How do I know a good breeder from a bad breeder? If I were to give you the breeder's name and address, could you give me any information you may have on her (good or bad)?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Aaron

A couple of resources you may find helpful. For a general discussion, the CTCA page "Meet the Cairn Terrier" includes a few paragraphs about finding a breeder (scroll down a bit to "selecting a breeder"): www.cairnterrier.org/meet

A quick google turned up a number of pages devoted to this very topic. One of the first I looked at was a Canadian Westie site that seemed quite good and hit most of the bases: www.canadawestieclub.ca/westies/quest.html

I usually look for some kind of active involvement in the breed, with other people in the breed. Usually this means dog shows, although some breeders focus more on obedience trials and performance tests.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived