CairnTalk

Looking For Cairn Terrier

Guest Karen Wager

Guest Karen Wager

My family and I are interested in adopting a Cairn Terrier, a puppy or young dog.

We have two children, ages 9 and 6, and our dog passed away about a year ago. We've read a lot about Cairn Terriers, and have a dear friend (and neighbor) who has two of them. Seems like a Cairn would be a great addition to our home.

We are looking for a reputable breeder near Charleston, South Carolina -- and someone who would help match a Cairn with our family. We'd welcome any advice on finding/selecting a breeder that anyone might have.

You can contact me directly at wagerka@musc.edu. Thanks. Karen

Our family is looking for a Cairn terrier male in the western New York area. We have tried even the rescues but to know avail. We are looking for and addition to our family and a friend to our female who will be three years old in March. We would like to get a older male puppy. If you know of anyone who is looking for a good home for that special male please, contact us at lljl92@hotmail.com. Thank you. :hug::book:

Oh, if only you could somehow get to the West Coast! I know of at least two breeders who have exactly what you're seeking! Both males, one recently neutered-- one is about 6 months and the other 8! I have met one of them, and he has a temperament to die for! He was a beautiful show prospect, but a cryptorchid, so that took him out of the running as a show dog, but he will be a wonderful pet

Have you tried contacting some of the breeders listed in your area? There is a contact list on this site.

Your best bet is to be the "transcendent" yourself and contact the breeders. Many will not even see your request as they do not regularly check all the forums.

Good luck,

Jill Arnel

Oregon City, OR

Archived