CairnTalk

Does Your Dog Have A Christmas Stocking?

LORI

Of course!! In fact, I finished making Piper's a few days ago.

Kim,mama to furbaby, Piper 4/13/2003

"Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane." ~ Smiley Blanton

You can't have a family member without a stocking. The boys share a bone shaped stocking that I picked up for them this year and the cats have a fish shaped one. People think we are nuts but not anyone who knows that their animals are just furry kids.

Guest CarCarDawn

Hi! I went out one day on a mission to find the most special stocking for Riley!!! We have had quite a year together and I had to search for just the right one!! I found it and it will be quite full with presents from the whole family!!! He is such a joy this time of year and every day!!!!

ABSOLUTELY!!!

George and Gracie have their stockings right up there with our grandson's. They will each be getting a new squicky toy, a Kong, Rawhide bones, and some special treats. They are also getting new pillows to lay on in front of the fireplace.

I even buy gifts for my "grandpuppies". My oldest son has a Keeshound and a Golden Retriever, my youngest has a Weimeriemer. (I probably really messed up that spelling).

I'm sure some people would think we are nuts...they just have never known the joys of owning a Cairn. When we were looking at dogs our choices were fairly limited because of my allergies. A Shitzu was one of our choices. I think they are adorable dogs but George and Gracie stole my heart. I told my husband just yesterday how glad I was we had decided on them instead of the Shitzu. I just don't think we would have had half of the entertainment. :lol:

People think we are nuts but not anyone who knows that their animals are just furry kids.

I've heard some people claim that dogs are a child substitute, but my Cairn's piano teacher says that's a load of hooey.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

:lol::lol::lol:

"Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane." ~ Smiley Blanton

I adopted my Cairn, Ernie, this summer through the Cairn Rescue. Of course I got him a stocking!!! I just found a really cute one at Petco yesterday....and I'm going to sew his name onto it. Not quite sure what he's getting for Christmas. I'm definitely going to bake him some dog treats...and he'll get some new squeaky toys.

Not to get too off the topic, but how do your Cairns react to a Christmas tree? Mine is sitting here undecorated...but Ernie thinks the tree stand is an extra water bowl for him...this can't be good! The lights are going on tonight...we'll see how he does. He's mesmerized by the fireplace and just lays in front guarding it...hopefully, he does the same with the tree!

I've been worried about our tree too. I had it up for a few days with nothing on it. Now it's decorated and Piper really doesn't pay it any attention. I still wouldn't trust her alone with the tree but I haven't had to tell her 'off' either.

We have had ours up and decorated since Thanksgiving and Abe has done really well to be only 6 months old . the only thing he has messed with was one of the bows on one present must have been too tempting (it became a chew toy) and I knocked a ball off of the tree and he thought it was time to play catch.

Archived