CairnTalk

These Critter Sure Do Love The Snow

Senator Cody Wilson

We got Cody in March of this year and this weekend was the first time he experienced snow as it snowed all evening Friday and all day so far on Saturday :( . As he is not a big fan of the rain, we did not know what to expect but let me say this, this pup just loves the snow. It does not matter how deep it is, he has been running and sniffing around all day. We have kept his excursions to no more than a few minutes at a time but he has had no problem going to the bathroom outside during this blizzard as well. We have been drying him off when we bring him in and inspected his paws several times today. Most importantly, we are not using rock salt anywhere on our property as we do not want him to ingest any. I am working on a photo to attach for you folks to see.

George and Gracie are fun to watch in the snow too. We got them last February and got a good snow shortly after. My husband shoveled the snow on the patio into a huge pile...they loved it! One would run up to the top and pounce on the other one, they would dig like crazy and of course eat the snow!

• 1 month later...

Cheryl--

Love the names George and Gracie. We just had a big freeze in Oregon last week. Geordie stood at the window and watched the snow for three straight minutes. Both went out the dog door. Maggie got down to business and returned to the warmth of the hearth. Geordie cavorted for a bit longer.

When the snow melted into a wriggly ice skating rink, Geordie became a miniature Dick Buttons.

Jill

Archived