CairnTalk

Crate holder

hallswel

I know many of you have seen the really nice furniture on the web for crates. Well I just couldn't afford it so I made one with the help of my hubby. I needed one that would hold three crates, nothing fancy but something that would go look decent in our sunroom. I finally found wood that was 24 inches by 6 feet at our lowes. It was ready to stain so that helped. Any way here it is.

crate%20holder.jpg

Best thing is that if I need more room for crates I have the top.

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

that looks really nice.

Hubby and I have already decided that when we build the new house it will include a small (tile floor/tile wall) room just for the girls. I saw one on an animal planet show and I loved it. It will be located between the kitchen and family room and will only have a half door. This way we can do away with crates in the family room.

wow! that looks great! you guys are very

talented. your babies look so comfy!

what sizes are those crates?

ellie

The crates are 24L x 21H X 18 W or very close to that. Rebel is the largest Cairn I have at 21lbs and he likes his crate. They aren't crated very much but I have them if I need them. Sugar hides all the toys in hers and she sleeps in hers but we don't close the doors unless we have company that aren't dog people.

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Best thing is that if I need more room for crates I have the top.

:lol: You're starting to think like me.

What a great idea and they all look so cozy....

That's really cute Liz, good job! Good ventilation too. They all look pretty cozy in there!

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

What a great idea! We just built a house, so looked into buying a decorative crate - I was shocked at the price, so we decided agaisnt it. What a great alternative :)

Archived