CairnTalk

Frisbee Champion

LilyGrace25

Is it just Grace or are all Cairns good with the Frisbee? Grace can jump at least 3 feet in the air and spin like the tazmanian devil when catching a frisbee. I am half tempted to enter her into some kind of competition. She is amazing! Is this normal or do I have some kind of superstar!

Lynn

Wow way to go Grace! My Izbell doesn't jump for anything but a treat. hee hee. But my sisters Bailey man can that little Cairn can jump!! When he hears something on the other side of the brick fence he can jump a little over halfway up, the fence is 7 feet high. He doesn't really like frisbee's but he does love to catch any ball or toy in the air.

I bet Grace would have a blast in competition! Give it a shot. And take pics if you can!

I have been told no, but my Rebel loves the frisbee, only the soft ones. I am careful with him because I don't want any future back problems from the twisting in the air just something my vet suggested. The jumping is no problem but I always throw them now so he doesn't have to twist very much. My biggest problem is he will chase and catch any frisbee I throw but returning them to me is a different story

Go for it and maybe we will see you on TV

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Liz - I've got that problem with Allie returning the frisbee too. I solved it by getting two frisbees -- the one she doesn't have always looks better to her! I throw one, she returns it to me but doesn't hand it over. I throw the second one, and she drops the first and is off! I pick up the first and wait for her to return with the second, and we go like this for as long as I am willing...

Thats exactly what we have to do with Grace. We always have to have two toys ready. She loves to catch her toys but she refuses to return them.

We found soft frisbees at Old Navy. They also have frisbees made of material at Target. We use these Grace goes through about one or two a month.

I do the same thing with Barney's rope toys. He won't give up the one until he sees the other, then I throw the one not locked in his vice jaws! :thumbsup:

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

I just got the girls frisbees 2 nights ago. They are the tiny cloth ones that won't damage teeth. I got just one and that was a diaster so I had to go purchase another one to eliminate the fighting. Brystal kind of drags hers around since she's smaller but Hollie is great at fetching the frisbee and bringing it back. She doesn't do mid air leaps though - she races it and tackles it on the ground and does a flip. I hope she doesn't hurt herself it almost looks like she can't put the brakes on and does a head over body thing. I can't tell if she's just doing it to be dramatic or not - it's their absoultle favorite toy right now those soft frisbees.

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

I may be bragging a bit about the mid air leaps! This is by far Grace's favorite thing in the world to do.

Grace loves her toys. Our other one, Lily loves her treats and food.

I really love having two. It is funny how different they are.

We call Finch's frisbee her "binky". It is with her all day long. Every time anyone gets up from a chair/sofa, Finch grabs her frisbee and lets it hang from her bottom teeth.

Finch has several frisbees. We only have the soft ones and they last about 6 month, to a year. Here is one of her frisbees. This one was purchased at Petsmart.

may2finch2ruc6.jpg

Here is another. This one came from Walmart.

april28finch2rss9.jpg

This is Finch's favorite frisbee. See how ratty it is in the middle? Finch will run after the frisbee, pick it up (using the fabric in the middle), shake it a few times, and then brings it back. This is why her frisbees falls apart in the middle.

rattyoldfrisbee2rts6.jpg

Mine have started the head banging/ head thrashing/ head shaking thing too with the frisbees - I think it's hillarious to watch - they'll even do it sycronized which is even better. Chris and I should put on something really heavy like Godsmack or Rob Zombie and make our own head banging video... HA! When Cairns go wild....

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

Archived