CairnTalk

Classes continue ....

mrskti

I know I've mentioned before that I go every thursday night to a group class at my trainers place. It's where Pat (trainer) has us all hook our dogs on a settle line along the wall and then has a different program every week of running us through different drills and such. The main purpose of this is to have all these different dogs, from tiny dashounds to an x-mean street living german shepard and everything in between be in the same room, and have order. It's amazing when the floor is full of dogs doing stuff and no fighting, just doing their own thing.

Last night she had small jumps, cones, blow up bobber thing and a table to jump up on at the end. We'd run through the exercise with mats to stop on in areas where we'd have them wait, sit and then move on. I had Dori with me last night, she did really, really well. At one point Pat was talking about what nice dogs cairns are, good family dogs and their great personalities, and I swear Dori knew what she was saying, cause we were going through the course and all of a sudden she got real cutsie, wagging her butt all over....like "oh my gosh, I'm so cute", then I started to laugh, and then she just figured she needed to stop at every person along the way so they could enjoy her cuteness too! She's such a character. I absolutely love this class....I look forward to it all week. I still cant believe she only charges 5 bucks a head for it...insane!!!!

Brad if the next part is a no no, just delete it....sorry for not knowing any better!

So, in Sept she is have something called Back to their Roots. it's technically 3 days, fri-sun, but the fun starts on tuesday she said. Whoever wants to come early can participate in field trips. like taking the dogs to petsmart for socialization, taking them to parks while we eat and a variety of places. I just cant hardly wait for it. I'll probably have to rotate the dogs from day to day, dont think I can handle both of them. She has a small (Quansa Kennels) farm/kennel in South Beloit, IL and that's where it's going on. THey'll be food, and lots of stuff going on. They'll do pack demo's, tunneling and lots of stuff I dont even know about! This will be my first time going. Just thought I'd mention it in case some of you werent too far away.

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

This sounds like so much fun. Sophie will also get a major case of the cutes when being talked about. She smiles adoringly into the persons face, shaking her backside all over. Looks almost goofy in her cuteness.

Sophie

Image032.jpg

yep, that was Dori too...her ears disappeared and she got this goofy smile on her face and her butt going 50mph.

Took Ellie to her first outdoor concert last night, she did pretty good. THe gnats were driving her nuts and she kept snapping at them. Looked like she was trying to bite her own face off!!!! Got some cute pics of her and the little boy that hung out around us so he could pet all the dogs.

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

Oh my that sounds like such fun!! Wish we were in your neck of the woods!

Angus does "I'm adorable" everytime he sees a person or another dog. His big ears go flat sideways like airplane wings and his tail wags so hard his entire backhalf is swinging as he approaches dog/person. Then if he's acknowledged he's all over them w/kisses. He is such a fun dog.

Karen and Angus MacDoggal the Braveheart

Archived