CairnTalk

A new Cairn coming our way

Jim

My wife and I are excited with a new little Cairn coming to us very soon. I have been very lucky to meet some wonderful people at the Potomac Cairn Terrier Rescue Organization. We will be adopting a beautiful approx. 2 year old female very soon now. Prancer would of loved it, I always thought he wanted us to get hime a girl friend. He's probibly thinking, "OH sure, now you get this cute little girl!!!!". She is a beautiful pup, full of life and energy. She's Wheaton, very pretty and friendly. We can't wait until she comes home with us.

:D Oh, Jim! That is wonderful news!

I wondered how long it would be before you opened your heart again to another Cairn! A house without a Cairn just isn't 'home'!

Good luck with your new addition. Hope to see some photos very soon.

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

Jim, I am so happy to hear your good news. I'm sure Prancer would be delighted. What is her name? When do you get her?

Kim,mama to furbaby, Piper 4/13/2003

"Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane." ~ Smiley Blanton

Guest CarCarDawn

Hi! So happy to hear you are getting another dog - - until you own a pet you don't realize how empty your home is without one in your life!! Best of luck with your new arrival - - it is close to the holidays - - so what's her name????

Well, we got Prancer as a puppy around this time of the year, early December, and named him after one of Santa's raindeer, but this little girl is to pretty to be named Donner or Blitzen, so in keeping with the Christmas tradition, we have decided to name her "Holly". She should be here with us around the 6th or 7th of December. We can't wait, making all preperations to make sure she feels right at home, even going to go out and to get a stocking with her name on it, just like Prancer had. She is so adorable, she will really be a ray of light around here. Will keep everyone posted as to when she arrives and progress she makes. Everyone who knows her said she is so lovable and friendly. I'll make sure I post some pictures of her once she is home.

My eyes got all misty when I read your excitement. I am very happy for you and your wife and this little "Holly" is very blessed to have a wonderful family to be part of. There is nothing better then saving an animal and letting them bring the wonderful happiness they offer as that special gift.

Good Luck and have a wonderful time hanging her stocking!

Melanie

Maxwell

This is my first time in this section of the forums. What a WONDERFUL time of the year for this joyous occasion. My cairn is six months old (and making me feel 60 trying to keep up with her....LOL!) Best of luck to your family.

This is my first time in this section of the forums.  What a WONDERFUL time of the year for this joyous occasion.  My cairn is six months old (and making me feel 60 trying to keep up with her....LOL!)  Best of luck to your family.

:D Congrats on your new little furry baby. It is a wonderful time of the year.

Holly is here!!!! And your right, we are very busy with her. She is a true terrier! She is so friendly and playful, she wants to play all day if you will let her. Holly was without a home for quit a while, on the run for several months. So when she came home with us, it was like letting a child loose in a candy store. Because she was on the run for so long, she has to be house trained all over again. But she is so smart, that is coming along very nicely. She really wants to please us, but sometimes her energy just gets the best of her. Last weekend I had to go out of town and Holly being so new, I was really worried she would be to much for my wife all by herself, but to my total joy, they bonded and had a great weekend. I think they are going to be the best of friends. She is such a pritty little girl and when she looks at me with those cute black eyes and the cute little black nose, she really melts my heart, even she is running around like a mad puppy! We're so happy to have her, she finally has a home where she is loved and is the center of attention. Soon as we are able to get her to sit still long enough to snap a couple of digital photos, and I can figure how to up-load them here, we will post them so everyone can see this litte girl. More to come soon. Thanks for all of your encouragment. She is really going to be worth the wait.

Lynn & Jim

Proud parents of Holly

PS How do I use the clickable smiles?

Congratulations Jim!!!! :thumbsup:

Holly sounds like an absolute angel :halo:

Rick and I, as well as our Scully :devil: (Devil Dog) - wish you and your family many happy years with her. I know that she will be incredible joy to your home.

Re the clickable smiles - just go over to the left of the box where you are typing your post and click on the one you want. ;)

Jim, that's awesome!! Holly sounds like a little doll and I'm sure she will bring you much pleasure over the years. Can't wait to see pictures!!!!!

Kim,mama to furbaby, Piper 4/13/2003

"Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane." ~ Smiley Blanton

Holly is a doll! The house training is going better than I expected which is good. She is really playful, loves to play and especially go out for walks. Our yard is fenced but she perfers to go for a nice long walk. Hopefully, we will get some pictures taken with her on Christmas and will be able to post them. :) Had to change her diet to a better quality feed than the Purina One, she seems to do a lot of biting and scratching.

She can be a little devil herself! :devil: She is really a handfull sometimes, but oh so adorable. She is crate trained so that is a big plus. All and all, things working out well, I am just so happy to be able to give this little girl a new lease on life. :)

More to come later and hopefully some pictures.

Archived