CairnTalk

Eli in the Land of 10,000 Lakes

mrseggcup

Woof! Eli, here. So, me and the teen-aliens got up REAL early and took a very long car ride. That wasn't too bad, 'cept I did barf all over a teen-alien's comforter. :sick: He was NOT happy! Anyway, we got there and OH, MY! The smells!!! And there are VARMITS all over the place!!!! And the Alpha B will NOT let me off the leash. :confused: Jeeze!!!! I don't know WHAT her problem is. Something about porcupine-cones and STUNKS or something. How am I gonna catch me a BEAR??????!!!!!!

Anyway, I got to walk around and smell stuff and hang out on the dock and even went water stomping, which was fun. :P I like the water. Speaking of varmits, the Alpha B says there is a mouse in the cabin and I can have it if I can find it. So since I can't get a bear, I will try for the mouse. Maybe if I catch that, she will change her mind about the bear! :thumbsup:

I am pretty tired, so I will be in touch with you later!

WOOF!

Eli B)

Hey, Eli! Sounds like you are having a blast on your trip!! Mom wants to take me to the beach someday so I can dig in the sand. I am not a real big water dog, but the ocean sounds pretty cool! Mom said we were going to go this year, but with the hard time I had this past week, we may wait until next year when I am for sure all better. I know right now I don't have my runnin' legs completely back yet, but I feel stronger every day!

You know in all those lakes up there, you could start a new CAR specialty

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

WOOF! Eli, here. Mrs. Kayharley, with all due respect there are no igloos in Minnesota!!! Now you know, in case you ever go on Jeopardy. I slept really well last nite, even with the sound of frogs and loons and stuff. (snoring bears?) I heard that mouse critter this morning and gave him a run for his money but did not catch him. He was chomping my Canidae! :mad: Talk about NERVE! I hear it's gonna be 100 degrees here, so I am guessing we will be in the water a lot. Water is cool. Get it??? :lol:

Barney, SO glad you are feeling better. Imagine going thru all that, AND losing your balls, too! As fearless leader of CUR, we must act to end such nonsense. What the heck do they DO with our balls when they get them, anyway?? :shock:

Later!

Eli B)

What the heck do they DO with our balls when they get them, anyway??

Eli! I'm not so sure I wanna know. :(:(

Sounds like you're having a great time. That mouse doesn't stand a chance with you around. Go for it!!!

Hey Eli! I think I know what they do with them! All the vets in the US get together in Minnesota for a big fishing tournament and they use them for bobbers to hold up the worm on their fishing poles! Ya think???

My Daddy is really sympathizing with me these days. He told me he can't imagine having his cut off! Ouch! Our uprights have all the fun, don't they! Good thing we still have a few tricks up our sleeves, even without our little package! B)

Your pal,

Barney

p.s. Sorry for the typo in my last reply. Mommy meant to type CUR and she typed CAR. Maybe that stands for "Cairns of America...Revolt!" I couldn't do that to my Mommy. She loves me too much.....

bye!

Balls for bobbers! Do ya THINK????? What a waste! Why don't they use CAT ones???? and leave us cairns alone???!!!!!

Boy, I am pooped after today. I swam and swam and swam and I LIKED it!!! The Alpha B helped me. But I stayed on the leash cuz that made us all feel better. You dawgs who haven't tried it should definately try it ASAP. In fact, I wish you all were here. There are no other canines about. And I could really use the help with the bear hunt I am planning.

You should see the size of the bird poop on my dock! I thought the eagle did it but turns out it's more likely the heron. Either way, kinda rude if you ask me. Not that I haven't pooped where maybe I shouldn't. :whistle:

Speaking of poop, I managed to chow down on some deer poop before the Alpha B noticed and put a stop to it. Wasn't that good anyway.

Gotta get some shut-eye. That mouse gets up early and I wanna be ready.

Woof!

Eli B)

Boy, Angus, I don't know what your Mommy wrote on the forum but my Mom is about to bust a gut laughing! I heard her say, "Oh my, I needed that good laugh!" :P

Hey, Eli! My mom saw a boy cat get neutered and she said their balls would NOT work for a bobber

My mommy said to thank Angus's mom for the good laugh, too, though when I got to see what she was laughing at on the funny machine, it made perfect sense to me. Us CURS do rule the world, don't we?

Pepper

Woof! to all my fellow CURs! Ya know, the funniest thing happened. That mouse has been hiding lately, tho I have gotten a whiff of him from time to time. Then lo and behold, he shows up DEAD on the porch for no apparent reason! The Alpha B found him amd of course, wouldn't let me have him. Personally, I think he died of FRIGHT. Just my mere presence and the couple times I chased him musta done him in. Yup, I am da man! :thumbsup:

Lots of swimming again today. I am pretty good at that doggy-paddle stuff. Next I will try the backstroke, so the Alpha B can rub my belly at the same time. Ahhhhhhh............. now that's livin'! :P

Still plotting the bear hunt. Anybody got any ideas how to catch one??? I hear they like blueberries and honey. Maybe if I get me some of that stuff. Put the stuff out and hide, then sneak up on him when's he's eatin'. Pounce and BAM! There's your bear! (Uh, then what do I do with him?? :shy: )

WOOF!

Eli B)

WOOF! Eli, here. Mrs. Kayharley, with all due respect there are no igloos in Minnesota!!! .

So maybe I had a "blond moment" and thought you were in Alaska. So go pee on a Viking or a Twin....just do something.

Why did I think you were in Alaska???? :confused:

That mouse has been hiding lately, tho I have gotten a whiff of him from time to time. Then lo and behold, he shows up DEAD on the porch for no apparent reason! The Alpha B found him amd of course, wouldn't let me have him. Personally, I think he died of FRIGHT. Just my mere presence and the couple times I chased him musta done him in. Yup, I am da man!

Wow, Eli. I bow down to you man!!! You ROCK! That mouse musta heard that you are the leader of the CUR and knew he was done for!

About that bear critter. I saw some of them on that TV thing and it seems that they like fish too. While you are stompin in the water up there, catch you a fish for bait and put it near your back door. Hide and watch for a bear to come for the fish and then pounce on him. You will take him by surprise and you will get him!!! As for what you are going to do with him, you can show him to your Alpha B and show her what you are made of. She will be scared of you then and give you anything you want! Think of the possibilities, belly rubs, treats, CHEESE, mmmm...cheese.......

Good luck dude!

Savannah

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Hey, Eli!

I hear bears make great rugs! Boy, can you imagine cuddlin' up in your crate on fur like that! Sure would beat all the old towels and sheets my Mom uses in my bed! But since I got sick she put this big soft crate pad in my crate and boy does it feel nice. She wouldn't put it in before because she thought I would destroy it. But I proved her wrong!!

Boy I wish I was up North these days! It is so stinkin' HOT here! It is supposed to be 97 degrees today! Mommy says the only thing good about this heat is that it dries up my gooey poop piles into nice hard things that are easy to pick up! But heat brings bugs which I hate. You go outside and they just swarm around you. Yuck!

Good luck gettin' that bear! Be careful puttin' stuff at your front door though. That could bring all kinds of nasty critters with big teeth and long claws. We wouldn't want our fearless leader to have to go to the VET!!!! I hope I never have to go back there again!!!!

Party on, oh fearless leader!!

Barney

Fearless CUR leader Eli,

I for one am very impressed that you are able to keep in touch with us fellow cairns while you are on the lookout for bears. The alphas in the household were so busy painting their teen daughter's bedroom, I just had to be on the lookout too for any type of goodies....but imagine, I was still in the same household, not Minnesotta, and I could not find the time to check the forum for any CUR updates. But enough of that. I discovered that the teen daughter's bedroom is free of anything that I can eat. No fun in that one.

Alfie, signing off

{{Salute}}

Eli - Allie here, also in the Land of 10,000 Lakes. But I think I am south of you because we really don't have bears in the city. We do have mice though and plenty of squirrels, rabbits and raccoons. My uprights like me to keep the rabbits in particular out of the backyard, where they keep all of their nice flowers. Once in a while, they open the door and tell me to "Bust bunnies!" I bark, run around like crazy, try not to knock over too many flowers -- it's a job! I'm sure I could "bust bears" too, if they were stupid enough to try to get in my private garden.

This past weekend, though, it was about 100 around here, and I don't have a lake to wade in. Other than quick walks outside (for sanitary purposes, of course), I stayed in the house where the breeze is much much cooler and where I can lay on the cold tile in the dining room. I like being outside as much as any other cairn, but I do love my comforts when it gets hot. And when it's hot the Uprights stay indoors a lot more too, and it's easier to keep track of them so that I can bug them regularly for little dog treats.

Eli, do you think you could bring me a few dead fish on your way back home? I do love a quick roll in a dead fish, and I don't have any in the city. I'm sure you'll find a lot of your beach -- enough to share. And trust me, the Uprights pay a lot of attention to any cairn who has had a roll in dead fish!

We are on Ten Mile Lake, if anyone of you dawgs wanna join me! I have found all kinds of good stuff to roll in, but the Alpha B really watches me and I don't get away with much. I have found fish, deer poop, deer bones (which I was carrying home to munch on, when it was rudely removed from my chompers :mad: ), dead birds, and even a big snapping turtle tail! Man, was THAT thing fragrant! We thought it was a dinosaur tail or worse! But so far, no porcupine-cones, stunks, or BEARS!

I have a job up here. When we are relaxing on the dock, it is my job to chomp the deer flies if they come around the Alpha B. I am pretty good at it. It's the least I can do, I figure. And maybe if I do a good job, maybe she'll let me off that stupid leash!

Woof atcha later,

Eli B)

A bear rug to sleep on is a good idea!

Mighty Leader Eli,

We have lots of critters at our other house on Colorado. We have a giant katz that lives there, and probably bears too. I've not seen this dreaded katz yet, but our neighbor next door and her teenage upright found him in the backyard eating a racoon!! I don't think I want to mess with any katz that nasty. You be careful with them bears, they don't usually care too much for the likes of canines. Oh, and don't eat no deer poop! It made me mighty sick.

Your friend in Florida,

Angus MacDoggal the Braveheart

Karen and Angus MacDoggal the Braveheart

Eli,

You should write a book. Your CUR views will keep the upright busy laughing. And when they are laughing they aren't paying close attention so we can have more adventures. And as our fearless leader you could sneak in some instruction for the less experienced CUR members....in code of course!

Yo Eli! Allie here again. This morning on my walk I thought I might be seeing a bear -- it was very big (a giant - really!), very black, quite hairy and all-in-all quite ugly. I was so sure it was a bear I strained on my new harness and barked and barked. I thought maybe I could scare it up your way!

But my Upright just hauled me off and later told the other Upright (her DH) that I had been barking at a Newfoundland. So is that a kind of bear? I was sure I could handle it. But I'll bet that by now it's running away from me and on its way to you. It has no idea who it's about to run into!

I leave it to you, Fearless Eli, to dispense the creature when it comes.

Woof and thanks, Allie! I will definately be on the lookout. So far I am getting pretty good at hunting frogs and bugs. Have caught a few bugs, but no frogs, even tho I jump and pounce like super-dawg. It's fun! If only I coud get off this stupid leash! I am feeling more "at home" here. We are on a long, narrow point and now that I feel at home, I am obligated and compelled to BARK at EVERYTHING that invades my territory. BWAHAHAHA! I do not bark at loons (yet) as I am not sure about those. We went for a long car ride today and I got to see a different lake. The Alpha B is losing it! She picks up white rocks, washes them (even tho they were in the water) and puts them in mason jars. Time that could be better spent hunting bears! Rocks are dumb. You can't even chomp them. I know b/c I tried.

Later!

Eli B)

Eli here is a picture I took at work a few nights back maybe this will get you in the right direction of finding one of your very own. Just be careful the one you find might be much larger.

BooBoo.jpg

Archived