CairnTalk

Sasha's Report from Alaska

alaskpat

Hi all from Alaska.

First I want to wish the best for Barney and his uprights, I cried for him last night when I heard.

Now on to business. Both Riley and I hit 13 weeks old on Wednesday and have been in Alaska since we were 8 weeks old. What a great place to live, plenty of sunshine and warm days. I just wish the sun would go to sleep at night also. We even got to play in the pool a couple of days. Our uprights are pretty cool but stress over to many of the small things, like me eating a cushion from a dining room chair, hey it was there and I gotta do what I gotta do. I have grown quite a bit since I got here but my brother, Riley, seems a bit slower at it. The uprights are worrying about him but I think he is just fine. When we first got here I was twice his size, now I am about three times his size. We have a doctors appointment tomorrow so they will ask then. Speaking of Vet appointment, the last time I was there he stuck a stick somewhere a lady would never mention :sick: . When he did that, if I could talk, I wanted say no need for that we can just go outside for a few minutes and you will see what is there, geez :mad: . And then he stuck a needle in my neck, what is really up with that guy.

The other day the uprights had just let us out when they started chasing us around the yard to bring us in. Well I wasn't having it and just tried to keep away :devil: , but they caught us and ran us into the house. I was thinking what the Heck I didn't even have time to potty. As I was looking out the patio door I saw this huge turkey looking thing with a bald head sitting at the top of tree nearby (the Uprights called it an eagle) I bet that is why we had to come in. Anyway it was hours before we went out again.

Riley and I thought we would have a little fun at bedtime the other day :halo: . When we were put in the pen I immediately went into the crate and piddled on the blanket, boy was the upright mad. Then right after the upright put down a new blanket Riley went in a piddled :lol: . Got the upright even madder. As soon as that mess was cleaned up and a clean blanket was put down I went in and did it again :twisted: . Boy was the upright mad, didn't even replace the blanket, just left us on the mat and I think they were worried that something might be wrong with us :( so we stopped. But after a while they put in another bed for the night. We didn't do it the following night so I don't think they are as worried.

Eli, having a problem recruiting for the CUR up here. Apparently Riley and I are the only Cairns up here. If there are any other Cairns in Alaska please contact me, I may be looking for a boyfriend later :wub: .

Got to go for now. Will give another report soon.

Sasha and Riley

Wow, Sasha and Riley. Sounds like you have already had a bunch of adventures in your short lives! I can't wait to hear more!

I tend to agree with you on that vet person. My vet oversteps his boundries quite often. You only got one poke? Man, you got lucky. He poked me three times last time I was there! I was about ready to smack him once or twice but he gave me a treat so I forgave him. I am such a softie...

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Woof! Eli, here! Glad to know CUR is represented in Alaska, wherever that is. You dawgs sound like my kind of fun! But icks-nay on the iddle-pay in the ate-cray, okay? Have a little dignity! If I gotta go in the house, I go on the bathroom rug. Seriously! It's dark purple and sometimes they can't see it. :whistle:

Tonite I am packin' my stuff and going to Minnesota. Gathering up my bully sticks an heading for the land of 10,000 lakes. There's an eagle there, too. The Alpha B sees it almost every day. I weigh about as much as he does now. I hear eagles weigh about 18 lbs, which is what I weigh, having put on 10 lbs since I was here last year. I also hear he prefers fish. So I am not too worried. What I want to see is a BEAR! We have some at home and they are cute and fuzzy with ribbons on their necks and tags on their butts and I like to chomp them! So I know what they look like and I'm gonna find me one! :thumbsup:

Later!

Eli B)

Good luck finding a bear Eli and have fun on your trip! Make sure you bark at that eagle and show him that YOU are boss!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Don't go giving me any ideas....I've been quite good lately even with "she" leaves us alone to shop. At least she comes back with some stuff for us.

Glad to hear Alaska is keeping you busy....later.

Elliott

Elliot,

I think your Mommy misses all your antic's. Maybe you should do something to remind her that you can still be a little :devil: . (Nothing too bad though).

Savannah

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Archived