CairnTalk

Puppy growing; full size kennel recommendations?

keegan

So, my puppy is quickly outgrowing the crate we got him in. I am looking at the deluxe vari kennel, small sized (21.2 x 17.0 x 16.0 inches). This is the size we use for my mother's 14lb jack russell terrier. Will this work for a full-sized cairn?? Here is the link to the one:

http://tinyurl.com/ellyx

If not, what crates do you folks use for your full-grown cairns?

keegan

Parent of Buzz Lightyear. http://www.zaps21.com/buzz.htm

buzz_sig.jpg

For an adult Cairn, I would move up a size. We have the medium size Vari Kennel for Piper.

Unfortunately, I do not have a pic of him inside the crate. But, here's my one year old GD inside....

P1010058.jpg

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

I second that. We have got a 20lb and a 16lb cairn, and both of them use the Petmate Deluxe Vari Kennel medium. It still leaves a lot of room for the 20 pounder to move around.

The Deluxe adds the quick release tabs, very useful when travelling. We transported them in these kennels halfway around the world ... they're built very well, but the enamel coating on the door is starting to peel and rust from their scratching.

We use the medium sized vari-kennel as well, though our pup chewed up the plastic that holds the "door lock" in place. :(

Archived