CairnTalk

What the?

tena

I take Sophie out for her evening walk about dusk every night. She was squatting happily when a lightning bug ( or fire fly) rose from the grass and lit directly in front of her face. Her head cocked from side to side and when she finished her business she started trying to sniff this curious object. It flew away, and Sophie discovered the whole yard was filled with these strange things. She would amble up to one still on the ground and head cock, and hop a bit on back legs trying to smell the ones in flight.

We were laughing so hard, they have been out for weeks and she never noticed until one personally brightening experience.:wub:

Tena

Sophie

Image032.jpg

You know I've never seen a lightening bug in my life... always wanted to. We have really boring obnxious bugs in Colorado - nothing pretty unless you consider a blood sucking mosquito neat... I bet a lightening bug would really catch a Cairn's attention - they love the movement. I'm worried mine will catch another hornet - we've got them bad this year -

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

That must have been quite comical to watch! LOL! Finch still chases grasshoppers and she hops like a bunny while she chases them!

Mine are outside trying to catch a regular house fly- good luck.... at least it's keeping them busy... watch them get the fly too - I'll be eating my words huh.... - rule 1 - never assume a Cairn "can't" do something.

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

Goforette...

I am always afraid Cooper will catch a bee or hornet too! He is always trying to catch flying bugs. Take an empty 20 oz. bottle, poke some pencil size holes in it right above the label, add about 1.5" of Mountain Dew and hang them around your yard. They are cheap bee traps (compared to $10 they charge for fancy ones at the store), but the work great! I have them hanging all over at the lake, sometimes it catches 20 or more in an hour!

pat.

Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

OH my god, you want to talk lightning bugs, we have gazillions of them. They look like they are going straight up out of the alfalfa fields around the house, so cool looking. Like pixie dust in reverse! When the dogs first saw them this summer, they went nuts!!!! They've finally calmed down a bit around them, but are always trying to get them. They are thick as thieves around here. I tried to get a pic of them, but it didnt do well.

They were just chasing something around the bedroom here, i couldnt see a thing. They have amazing sight and hearing.

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

They were just chasing something around the bedroom here, i couldnt see a thing. They have amazing sight and hearing.

Today she was captivated by a row of electric meters. She refused to move and cocked her head staring at them. It's funny the things that catch her attention.

Sophie

Image032.jpg

Archived