CairnTalk

Marley and Hunter

MaxPower

We got our dog Marley in January of this year. I had posted pictures of him then here. He is 7 months old now and just under 14 pounds. He is loved by all the children on our street. They all take turns playing with him and ask for him every day.

He has been a joy and I can really see why you all love your Cairns so much. He is very affectionate and loves to be around people. He will even sit on your lap and go to sleep (at night). He certainly has his independent side too.

Anyway, we are watching a friend's dog for a couple of days. His name is Hunter. They said he is a Cairn but he is 27lbs and doesn't look or feel overweight to me. He is just huge. He is another great dog though.

Hunter came over yesterday and will stay with us until tomorrow some time. I took video of them wrestling, which is all they do. They really seem to enjoy each other's company. This is a link to the video. It is 26MB so if you don't have broadband I wouldn't waste your time. I just thought it was a fun video as it shows the two doing what they love best. In the background you can hear my kids and the neighborhood kids cheering Marley on.

Please ignore the industrial sized fan in the background. Our Aircon went out.

My daughter and I enjoyed watching the video! How cute to see two dogs at play!

I saw what you meant about Hunter being huge! He has some distinct Cairn features, but I don't think he is a pure bred Cairn. His size is the main giveaway, but also his legs are too long and his build in general does not match the Cairn standard.

Regardless, he looks like a sweet dog and he obviously loves Marley to pieces! :wub:

Happy doggy-sitting! :D

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

Archived