CairnTalk

Elvis was SKUNKED!

prandaj

Elvis got skunked last night :sick: He got it mosly in the face and chest. After a wash with V8 and baking soda & oatmeal shampoo, he is much better but still a little stinky. We are currently using Nature's Miracle skunk smell remover, just applied the first dose. The problem is all his tags from collar STINK! I threw away the old collar and got a new one, but his license tag, his ID tag, his Canine Good Citizen tag, and the yellow plastic tag you get when you chip them all smell horrible, and nothing seems to be working. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get the stink out of metal and plastic tags? THe license and Canine Good Citizen tags I don't think are replaceable.

Thanks!

"If I only had a Cairn."

Try soaking them in a bowl of Natures Miracle for a couple of hours and then rinse. If that doesn't work hang them outdoors until the smell goes away.

Oh my, the smell can really stay around for awhile. A co-worker of mine was just talking about it. Her rat terrier also got skunked. She said she had to take her to the vet for regular peroxide baths. It took about 3 baths to get the smell out, plus her coat got really whiter!! :D

Good luck in getting the stink out!

You can also try soaking in straight tomato juice vs. V8. Also maybe leaving in the dishwasher spoon rack for a few cycles might help.

Good luck

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Darn skunks.... I'm always worried about that happening or worse mine going to war with the racoons that are everywhere - or even worse the coyotes that we have (we live close a a huge lake with TOO much wildlife).... I hope that I can teach them to run - but they're terriers....

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

Little Digger hasn't gotten skunked yet, but I'm sure it will happen. With past experience, the dishwasher was successful.

I too have skunks, racoons, coyotes and javelina for our little guy to deal with.

Goforette, where do you live? Sounds like we have similar foe!

Ang.

Little Digger hasn't gotten skunked yet, but I'm sure it will happen. With past experience, the dishwasher was successful.

I too have skunks, racoons, coyotes and javelina for our little guy to deal with.

Goforette, where do you live? Sounds like we have similar foe!

Ang.

I'm in Westminster, Colorado about 20 minutes away in any direction from the mountains.

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

Archived