CairnTalk

Grooming Your Cairn Video ?

pookiegirl

Does anyone own the "Grooming Your Cairn" video made by the Cairn Terrier Club of Greater Detroit.?

If so, how do they like it? Is it useful for the novice groomer or directed soley for the professional/show groomer?

Thanks for any informaiton you can provide to me.

Barbara

We purchased one from our breeder. Quality is very poor as it was copied from a VHS tape. My breeder said it was made about 20 years ago! Of course the picture is not real good ( VHS ) but you can see good enough. It has that squiggly stuff that is on some VHS tapes that has to do with tracking. Fortunately, it is at the top of the picture so you don't miss much, except for some of the ear grooming ( which I really wanted to see ) :( It also shows you how to do a puppy. It does seem to be more for grooming a show dog, however I think it is also useful for a novice groomer ( like me ). I have learned alot from it and it's better than trying to learn from reading or pictures! I think it was $25.00 Expensive for the quality but since there are no Cairn breeders or groomers close to us it was worth the price. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the information. I am contemplating purchasing "Grooming Your Cairn" made by the Cairn Terrier Club of Greater Detroit

Is this the same VHS you own?

It is $30.00 from CTCGD. I did do a search of CTCA forums & found a post from a while ago that said CTCA was supposed to be producing a grooming tape. It doesn't seem that the tape has been released for sale yet.

I did just order the Grooming bookelt "Start to Finish" from CTCA.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Barbara

I have the same video. It's better than nothing, but there's a lot of room for improvement. The camera is stationary and doesn't change position or move in close enough a lot of the time. Too often a novice, (like me) can't understand or see enough of what I need.

FEAR THE CAIRN!

I assume it is the same one pookiegirl. It is a DVD that was copied from a VHS. The one I have is named, ( Grooming Your Cairn .... Five Phases: Puppy coat through getting ready for the ring ). You are right sanford, better than nothing. Especially if you don't have an experienced Cairn groomer in your area. We are not going to show Loki but I don't want to take him somewhere and have him come out looking like one of those hairless dogs!!! :shock:

Archived