CairnTalk

New Kids

alaskpat

We got our new kids yesterday. What a handful. They are brother and sister and 8 weeks old. She just loves to bite on toes and fingers. Besides constant nos and bitter apple on the toes any suggestions?

She is constantly on him and very dominent but he also chases here down lol.

They are both very playful and QUICK, hard to keep up with them. Have to keep a close eye on her, she loves power cords. I think I need a bigger bottle of bitter apple.

They seems very happy and adjusting well. We are going to visit the Vet today to have them checked out.

Fun to watch the way he drags a toy into the kennel and she drags it back out.

Congrats on your new arrivals!!

A handful?? And, you've only had them 24 hours??!! Heh!! :P

I can hardly wait to hear all your stories!! And, would love to see MORE pics!!

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

You will have to keep us posted on how Cairns do in Alaska.....

Send pictures

Congrats on the kids....Names?

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Welcome to a life-time of Cairn parenthood (trust me, it'll happen.)

Congrats!

Tara, Olie, Teddy and Sweet Pea

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Riley is the male and the runt of the litter. Sasha is the female and about twice the size of Riley. They are always attacking each other and stealing toys. Sometimes its hard to tell when they are playing or just fighting.

Riley is the male and the runt of the litter. Sasha is the female and about twice the size of Riley. They are always attacking each other and stealing toys. Sometimes its hard to tell when they are playing or just fighting.

Welcome & Congrats

Do they sound like Tasmanian Devils? :devil:

Just watch them interact, forget the sound effects- I myself was worried in my first week of Cairn ownership that my boys were going to kill eachother. But I watched closely to see if one was picking on the other- I also got the book that Brad suggests... called Mother Knows Best... it really helped me a lot.

Did we mention that we love to see photos????

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Congrats on the babies. They will steal your heart before you know it!!

We LOVE puppy pictures (although the DH has mentioned that I cannot look at them anymore because it makes me want another one SOOO bad. What he doesn't know won't hurt him!)

THe nipping is normal puppy behavior but you are doing the right thing in trying to correct it. When they nip tell them "NO". If they continue on, stand up and completely ignore them until they calm down. Then try again. You will probably have to do this about 100 times but eventually, they will learn that biting means that playtime is over and they will quit. :devil:

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

You will probably have to do this about 100 times but eventually, they will learn that biting means that playtime is over and they will quit. :devil:

Sommer you are so right! but it's 100 X's 2!

Congratulations!!!!! How happy these puppies must be to be together in a loving home.

Pictures....pictures...and MORE pictures wanted....LOL!

Just got back from Vet, both doing fine and she said you will see a difference if they turn aggressive.

Getting pictures just haven't downloaded to comp yet lol.

He is half her size and weight but the Vet thinks he will probably grow close to her or pass her, he has big bones I guess.

They were so tired after visiting my office and then the Vet they went right to sleep.

Our brother-sister combo are 15 months now, and they still sound like hell hounds or wolverines maybe when they play. Not to worry! Half the fun is watching them entertain themselves!

Our brother-sister combo are 15 months now, and they still sound like hell hounds or wolverines maybe when they play. Not to worry! Half the fun is watching them entertain themselves!

The Scotts: Sometimes my guys sound like little Kung Foo fighters.... cracks me up every time.

How can you tell when they are not playing. He is half her size and weight and sometimes it seems like they are not playing?

Congratulations on their arrival!

I'm so jealous that you have a brother / sister combo.. I wish I could have gotten Izzy's brother :( .

Have fun, maybe they'll settle down for you soon..

kasey :)

Archived