CairnTalk

Breeders

holly

Hello!

I am new to the forum and wanted to ask a couple questions.

We (my boyfriend Brian, our chocolate lab Tank, and myself) are looking for a new family member. After tons of research and discussions we found the Cairn terrier to be the best fit. I would like a female because I am the only female in the house :)

My questions are....

1. Does anyone know of any quality breeders in the Tampa Bay area? We did a lot of research when looking for Tank and after meeting several breeders we found one that shared the same values. We are not looking for a show dog. We just want a fun, healthy, energetic family member.

2. Do you think a Cairn can hold its own with a chocolate lab. Tank is 9 months old, yet fairly laid back for a lab. We take him to the dog park quite often and he loves to swim in the pool. I don't know if he is laid back or just worn out, either way he is a great dog. That being said he is probably going to be at least 70lbs.

Any advice on anything Cairn related would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Holly

Hi, Holly!

You are making a great decision to get a Cairn! Be sure to do a lot of reading about the breed, because they are 100% different from labs. I raised a lab from a pup before I had Barney, and I was totally blown away by their difference in temperment! But once you figure each other out, the relationship really blossoms! :wub: I am still in that "figure out" process with my 12 week old, but despite some of the bumps in the road, I am totally in love with my little boy! He's just like a toddler

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

Archived