CairnTalk

How "polite" is your Cairn?

Eliz222

I know that dogs will "wipe their feet" after pooing in the yard. Scout will do this just every once in awhile. I guess she is just not very polite....lol!

The reason why I am asking is that Finch will "wipe her feet" after both pooing and peeing! I have never witnessed a dog "wiping their feet" after peeing. Finch will do this almost every time she goes to the bathroom.

Is your dog polite??

Ellie started flinging as a puppy, and does it everytime. Dori never has.

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

And I was always wondering why they did that....now I know.

Winnie is a turf destroyer and loves to carry the remnants into the house, down the hall and into her crate.

Elliott is also a "wiper" although Madison is not.

Sophie flings turf if she is marking her section that someone else has used :) Typically after a poop, but sometimes after a pee.

Sophie

Image032.jpg

Molly does this as well. Our male schnauzer used to do this, so we thought only males did this. Molly will do this wiping after both "jobs". We just thought that we had a dominant little girl. Molly's mom :)

Scully (and my first Cairn) wipes her feet after a poop. Every one in awhile after a pee, but it's always a poo.

neither of mine do it.

Teona can find a dime size wet spot in the yard with no problem....and doesn't wipe her feet when she comes in. :devil:

Bruski just started doing this about 2 weeks ago - funny to see for the first time... I thought he had something stuck to his paw :)

Speaking of "doing business" - when do little boys start lifting their leg? Bruski is 10 months old and has been around several other male dogs, but still squats! :)

Belle flings turf only after pooping. We call it "scratching off". Petey has never done it. Weird...

I have only seen Savannah do it once or twice. Strange how some do and some don't.

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Archived