CairnTalk

It's finally Pool Time!

mrskti

It has finally hit some good pool temps.... As usual, Ellie was the water baby and Dori stood on the sidelines. Every time my grandaughter went off the diving board, Ellie went in after her. She scared her the death the first time, when she came up out of the water, there was ellie!!! Once you make any kind of a splash in the pool, forget it, Ellie is in! Dori likes to play on the sidelines, she was having fun chasing water drops the boys were splashing at her. Here's a few shots from yesterday.

We thought at first they could stay on the porch while we played.....NOT!

wewanttoswim.jpg

This was Emily's first jump off the board....

emilyelliedive.jpg

Just a shot of Ellie on her way in....and Dori supervising.

elliedoriwater.jpg

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

yes I keep pushing that chair away from the rail, but it keeps getting back over there. I know it's a matter of time before they see a rabbit and are over the wall!!! As you see, we made sure they wouldnt go through the wall!!! They were just too funny standing up there, i had to get my camera. But i dont have to explain that to anyone here!! LOL

Boy I'd KILL to be in that pool myself!!!

We've had our $6.99 Petsmart pool out already and we can't keep Scully out of it. Her new thing this year is to stand in the pool with the toy that she hates being in there and wait for you to put the hose in. I think she'd stand there for an hour if it took you that long to turn the water on! :D

Makes me miss the pool we had in Indiana a few years back. Especially that it is in the 90's now!

Great pics!

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

Awesome shots of the girls! I love the action shot of Ellie! What a lucky pups they are - looks like they are having a blast!

It's sorta funny, I've done nothing but gripe on what a pain that pool is to keep up, until I got the dogs! LOL Well, maybe the power pool scrubber helps too, but seeing ellie have so much fun is a plus too. And ofcourse not to mention the grandkids....they are why we got it in the first place. Grandpa couldnt play shark in a bottle cap pool!!!

I have to find the gif pic i have of her diving, that's really cute.

I LOVE the first picture...they are soooo cute!

I'm green with envy over your pool...it looks so fresh and cool!

I am so utterly filled with jealously. I've been pumping water off the pool cover for 3 days now, and trying to bring our pool back up to level. For some reason I lost about 2 feet of water this winter, and on top of that had the cover fall half off in the pool 3 times this winter! It's sad to report, that if i'm lucky enough not to have a hole somewhere- it will take at least 2 weeks to get the water clear again.... it's a very murky mess right now...... :cry:

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Tracy we've had our fair share of crappy pool years, we are due a nice clean pool. We bought one of those trampline type covers for this a few years ago....a way better system than the stupid tarp w/water filled bags that continually fell in! Grrrr! It still gets dirt in it through the vent hole, but at least the corn stalks stay out!!!! It's kind of a bugger living on a farm with a pool. one year when the corn tasseled out, it was really a mess with all that crap blowing around. Made me crazy. I'd like a plexiglass fence like the rich folk along the ocean have, it would keep a ton of debris out. oh well....

My next goal with Ellie.....off the diving board!!! Yes, they have life vests for that kind of stuff.

I have to say I love all three of the pics. I too am a bit jealous. The pool looks so refreshing! I have one of those plastic kiddie pools for my guys & gals but Oliver is the only one that will get in and play. Gidget doesn't want anything to do with it. :( I was so hoping that she would like to play in the pool.

I pulled it out just today and put some water in it and Ollie (My Min. Schnauzer puppy) jumped right in. I had gotten out my bottle of bubbles and was blowing bubbles for them around the pool hoping that Gidget would jump in after them, but no luck. She goes absolutely nuts over bubbles. She wore herself completely out. She's zonked out on the back of the chair in the living room right now and Ollie has climbed into a laundry basket that has a blanket folded up in it sleeping right behind me as I type.

What B) kids!

There's nothin' in this world better than puppy breath!!!

i never thought of bubbles, i'll have to get some of them. I'd think they'd get a lot of good exercise from jumping at them. thanks for the idea.

Terry:

Corn stalks in the pool? Yikes that does not sound easy to skim out! Speaking of plexi-glass, have you ever seen the mesh screening that hooks on to a fence? I've mostly seen it around tennis courts- I wonder if that would help with the stuff comming in off the fields?

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Tracy: I've seen the mesh, but I'd like something that doesnt restrict vision, for not only seeing out, but in the pool for safety reasons. We dont plant corn anymore, we have alfalfa all over the place now, which makes for some nice dusty days when they bale. Smells so good when they mow...until my alergies kick in! Most of the debris now is from my yard mowing, which is twice a week...stupid fertilizer!!!! :P

Archived