CairnTalk

Schedule Chat Time?

bradl

I've noticed that the Chat link is checked out fairly regularly, but rarely are two members in the same place at the same time. :unsure: What do you think of scheduling a few chat 'touchpoints' so that members interested in chatting might check in with increased chances of meeting a fellow Cairnite? What time zone are you in and what times/days do you think might be handy to establish as regular chat times?

As an example: Tuesday/Sunday at 10 Eastern, 7 Pacific.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Brad,

that is a great idea, I love the advice and information I get from the site but due to the time difference, I am frustrated at times with response times vs. my availability.

I think it's a great idea and I'm pretty flexible as to times. I'm in the Eastern time zone. It would be fun to meet more Cairn people! (My Emma continues to improve by the way, but stress causes setbacks and others have told me that that's just how it will always be.)

Setting up initial chat times would be very helpful. I have checked it a few times now and am the only peron in the room. I am located in Bismarck North Dakota which is on Central time. Anytime after 8pmCST M-F would work for me and pretty much any time on the weekends.

Thanks, I will watch for any more postings.

Melanie

Maxwell

A planned time sounds great. I'm in Eastern Standard time but am pretty flexible as to times. I'm almost always on-line since that's where I do most of the work for my job.

It seems the issue of time zones can get complicated (and full of compromise) so my suggestion will be the following.

• 8:00 PM daily (your local time)
  • 12:00 noon Saturday, Sunday, holidays (your local time)

This will create a rolling window of three hours to check in and see what, if anything, is happening. If you're in the mood to chat, at least you have a couple of target times where the odds go up! Plus if you miss your local chat time (or are on a different schedule) you can check in with other parts of the country to see if they're lively or duds like me.

Of course it still may be that no one is around, but there's not much to do about that. I'll tell you honestly, I'm not much of a chatter, but I know many who enjoy it a lot which is why I added the chat function as a year-long experiment. These things often take time to develop a life of their own :)

Give it a try. I will also point out that there's nothing wrong with starting a topic to try to arrange a chat time for a special occasion on your own anytime.

Have fun.

[To put my admin hat on for a moment: please remember that the terms of service and posting rules for this site apply to chat.]

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived