CairnTalk

Glad to be back... and a quick question too

shadows_mom

This is my first time back on the forum and I had forgot how much useful information was out there.

I do have a question, our three year old cairn hates to come inside. Does anyone else have a cairn who prefers to be outside?

april20finchwithfrisbeeagain8a.jpg

My two would stay out all day if they could. Scout loves to hunt worms and Finch....well...it's all about the frisbee. :P

Sophie would stand on the sidewalk at the end of her 6ft lead all day......if she could.

She is pretty much, where-ever we are...she is kind of dog.

Sophie

Image032.jpg

As long as the weather is pleasant, Darcy will stay outside laying on the deck, sunning herself. If it gets too hot, in she comes and its time for her nap. She's kinda an in-between sorta Cairn. Loves to be out but loves to come in after awhile for her nap.

Thanks everyone for the replies!!

We live on a farm and Shadow just loves being outside in the middle of everything. I do worry about him because he is a small dog and we have livestock, but he seems to know to stay back. I guess it is just funny because when we got Shadow we thought he would stay inside more and our lab would be outside more, but we were wrong. We have a chocolate lab who is 9 years old who hates gun shots, water and being outside period. Maggie thinks she is a lap dog too. Then we have Shadow who isn't afraid of gun shot, who loves to swim and who does not want to be a lap dog, unless he is extrememly tired.

I do know that as long as I live I want to have a cairn in our family because they are such funny dogs.

Savannah is an inbetween dog too. She LOVES to be outside for awhile to run and play and get out some energy but after while, she gets bored with that and wants to come in and be with us. Now if there is a lizard or frog or something cool like that outside or swimming around in the pool, good luck on getting her to come inside. She won't even come in with the promise of a bone or to play ball in that case!

I do know that as long as I live I want to have a cairn in our family because they are such funny dogs.

Amen to that!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Opps, forgot about the squirrels that Darcy trees and will sit there for hours just watching the tree, I guess she hasn't figured out yet that the squirrel has moved on to other yards.

Add my dog to the list of "outside-wanna-bes". Even when we are out camping, with our tent on the side of a cliff, my pup still has to be dragged inside the tent. He would sleep outside under the stars all night if we let him.

Well I am glad to hear that Shadow is a typical cairn (that is if there actually is a typical cairn) I just love logging on to this board and reading the stories that everyone post about their dogs, they remind me so much of my little one when I am here at work. Thanks again everyone.

Hey ShadowsMom. We have a similar setup as you. Small farm, 2 horses, black lab, and the Cairn. Maybe we should talk. :D

What a small world. If you want to talk about night and day difference that is our lab Maggie and Shadow our cairn... the stories I can tell. We have sheep, cows, pigs and a llama... oh and the cats too... can't forget them. They just love to tease Shadow.

Archived