CairnTalk

Rough Day @ Robinsend

bradl

It was rougher for the robin's though, as Echo dispatched an adult bird today. This was about five minutes after we finished cleaning and dressing Stella's wound -- Stella tore out a toeneail, probably in pursuit of the very bird Echo later bagged.

Amazingly Stella doesn't even limp and didn't chew on the bandage and vetwrap we put on for a while as we stopped the bleeding. Now the wrap is off she's still running around the house as normal and still not limping or anything. One tough nut.

We can also report that "Get Serious" from PetsMart does a great job at getting a hundred bloody footprints out of beige carpet :w00t:

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Ouch!

Your lucky it stopped bleeding so soon. Yep, Cairns are tough little cookies in mind and body.

Give Stella a hug & kiss from us. xxoxxooox

Why is it always robins instead of sparrows or starlings?

A fellow putting carpet down in our house a year ago cut his finger on a knife and bled on our new carpet. He took a piece of the extra carpet, wet it, and rubbed the blood out. I was surprised by how well that worked. Worth a try next time you need to get blood out!

Awww Poor thing! Glad to hear everyone is okay (excluding the Robin of course).

Thanks for the info on Get Serious, I wonder if it will do Vomit... I'll have to pick some up.

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

ouch! Makes my fingernails hurt to think about it! Glad she's a tough little girl.

btw, i got blood and diarreah about of tan carpet with Resolve. This was the same day we had ceramic tile put in the rest of the house....isnt that always how it goes??? :confused:

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

Geeess, poor Stella! Glad to hear she is well on her merry way! What a trooper. It's hard to keep a tough cairn down.

Oh poor Stella, Brody tore his toenail last winter. He wore a bandage for at least 2 weeks. Not that you need advice, but be sure to keep an eye on the wound, to make sure it doesn't get infected.

On a happier (?) note, Brody and Mia caught a woodchuck (or a groundhog as they are called in other parts of the world) this weekend. We called them off it and then chased it out of the yard, so they did not kill it, but the stupid thing keeps popping up in the yard (one of its holes is inside the fence), so I don't think it is long for this world!

Edited to add: It was actually the winter before last when Brody tore is toenail.

Ahhh poor thing its made me feel all weak just thinking about it, glad to hear she's fine

Binky

post-1360-1147126873_thumb.jpg

Errr, is this what "Robinsend" is named for? In that case I could call our condo Finch's End, as Elsa likes to dine on finches. Or maybe Sparrow's End, hmmm I'll have to check more carefully next time, and there will be a next time, I'm sure.

Tee hee

Archived