CairnTalk

Yet another Sugar picture

hallswel

We were in Montgomery AL this past week camping and relaxing. I took a picture while Sugar was in my lap. It is a different angle from any of the others I have taken so I thought I would let you see. She is growing up.

sugarseeschipmunk.jpg

Here is one where she is trying to get her Daddy's sweet tea. A real southern girl.

daddysgirl.jpg

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

:whistle:

Everybody loves a baby that's why we're in love with you, Pretty Sugar, Pretty Sugar! :whistle:

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Okay, gotta ask - how do you get the hair so short around her face - particularly under her ears? Do you cut it (with scissors), pull it? Thanks.

Yes, a head and tail stripping lesson please! That is the hardest part for me and Sugar always looks SO good! I am extremely envious. Any tips?

How do you get the hair on top of her head (between her ears) to stand up? Savannah's lays flat and i don't know if that means that it is too long or what? I also can't get all of the hair at the end of Savannah's tail to come out. Is it not ready to be stripped or am I doing something wrong? And how do you get the hair on her head to form a circle?? Wow, I have a lot to learn!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

She is adorable...I love the sneaking up beside dad to have a slurp of tea. Thats pure fun right there :)

Sophie

Image032.jpg

Sugar is absolutely beautiful beyond words!!! To me, she has always actually looked like a feminine little girl. There's no question as to what sex she is.

Such a difference in cute 'lil Sugar and my :devil: dog, Allie! If Allie wanted that tea, she would pounce!

She is so so adorable. I want her. :wub:

What a cutie pie! :wub:

How old is she now? Will she still grow? I like her the way she is...but I'm sure she'll remain a sweetie pie.....

Also need some tips on stripping the head. I just started stripping yesterday, and Alfie's already 2+ years old. It will take me forever just to do the face alone!

I waited all day to get home from work to see these pictures of Sugar.... Well worth the wait!

So Liz, at your convienece, shall we have a grooming party??? :lol: Just kidding.... sort of ;)

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Ditto to all the grooming comments. Sugar is beautiful!! You have done a great job. I love to see pics of all your babies.

You guys sure know how to make me feel wonderful! :wub:

....but I have to tell you a story, the picture was taken Saturday afternoon after I had taken Sugar to a show. When I arrived a well meaning Cairn breeder who had a dog in the show said hello and asked if I would like for her to help me work on grooming? She said she needs some work she could give me some tips. Needless to say I disappointed :confused: because I liked how she looked, I felt I had improved so much. She had nothing on her coat.....it was all Sugar no chalk, cholesterol or hairspray just my baby girl and I thought wow she looks just right.. That is the way I have chosen to show her as natural as possible.

I am a nervous wreck when I show her, she knows what to do and is so good in the ring but I worry myself sick. So when the first thing I hear is hello, glad you are here and BTW you goofed on the grooming and it makes me want to give up. So I went back to the camp; I took the pictures because I wanted to see how bad I did on the grooming.

Thank you all so much for your comments, I feel so much better after posting the pictures. I can do this! :thumbsup: Thanks ya'll

Liz

Liz

Sugar is absolutely gorgeous! She sure is growing up and is so beautiful!

Kate, Darcy & Bailey's mom

Beth

Sugar is completely hand stripped. I pull the longest hair every week or two on her face and body. I believe it is called rolling the coat. When we pet Sugar we always pull the hair towards her eyes. I have noticed that new hair is coming in it is a darker color almost rust. You can see the layers in her coat where I pull it. She was only stripped down completely when she was 12 weeks old ever since I just roll it. If it is really uneven in one place I will use the stripping knife to even it up.

It sounds like alot of work but I only spend max 20-30 minutes a grooming session. But she has a really thick coat and it tends to overpower her so I am pretty good about doing it at least every two weeks. With Rebel I use the mars and scissors which is much easier and I don't have to do it so often.

Liz

Liz

Okay, so you're not going to let us in your secrets? Please tell us how you get the hair around the face like that. I'm particularly interested in the area under the ears. Sugar's hair is so nice and short and wiry on the face while my Ruby's hair tends to be "chunky" under the ears. Please help us.

Okay if you are every in Loganville please come on over to my house, bring your Cairn. We will work on grooming, take pictures and have FUN! I am no expert by any means but I will show you what I do.

Liz

Hooray! I am just down the road! sounds like a Cairn playdate to me!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Archived