CairnTalk

Bird Dog

TheScotts

Elsa scored another poor birdie last night. She doesnt bark at all when she is seriously hunting, so I had no warning. She came tearing in as usual through the doggie door and we were fixing dinner so paid noooo attention. Then I happened to go into the livingroom and see a cloud of feathers all over my sofa! :sick:

Of course dh had to retrieve the prize from her mouth, I think he was more upset over the demise than me. I assured him it must have died instantly. I sure hope so!

What a huntress! These cairns must be wicked fast! :whistle:

Yum, dead bird on the sofa at dinner time. My favorite. :sick:

Congrats to Elsa, controller of the bird population! And thanks for not posting pics on this one...

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

I guess your husband has figured out by now that that's what Cairns do, kill and then bring in their prize to show it off to mom and dad.

I know I would have been upset over the bird only because I love feeding and watching them in my yard but Cairns are hunters and any type of prey on the ground is fair game.

Nature can be so cruel

I had to chuckle my cats have gotten in deep doo doo over killing birds, yet we are excited when the dog does it...nature is harsh

Sophie

Image032.jpg

Archived