CairnTalk

Help with Housekeeping

LizzieP

My house cleaning routine will never be the same...Finnegan (10 mos) has taught me these very important things about appliances and general housekeeping duties:

1. Vacuum cleaners must be barked (high pitch only, please) at and run along side at all times.

2. Dusting must have been invented as another version of tug a war.

3. Sweeping is much more fun if you chase the broom, bark and scatter all the debris all over the room so you're upright can do it again...and again...and again.

4. Window washing is much more fun if you're upright has cleaned the inside of the windows and while she is outside cleaning, you run along and chase the paper towel from the inside (with dirty paws) and then really, really help when you try to lick the Windex sprayed on the outside from the inside.

Sigh...

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. - Mark Twain

Oh yes, the windows! :lol:

Yesterday I saw little breath marks on my living room window while Madison sat perched panting at our neighbors cat.

We find the dustbuster to be the worst...ours actually has teeth marks on it. These guys..... :lol:

LOL!! Boy can I relate to all of those - especially the tug of war with the duster. Scully loves the Swifter!! Now if I can only teach her how to dust.

Why dust, I just tell people it's my new "breeding program". When a dust bunny gets big enough you just name it. After all Dusty's full name is Dust Bunny Searching So Long. :)

I usually go a little mental while trying to vacuum or clean the tile. The girls usually have to go outside so Mommy doesn't go crazy.

My house cleaning routine will never be the same...Finnegan (10 mos) has taught me these very important things about appliances and general housekeeping duties:

1. Vacuum cleaners must be barked (high pitch only, please) at and run along side at all times.

2.  Dusting must have been invented as another version of tug a war.

3.  Sweeping is much more fun if you chase the broom, bark and scatter all the debris all over the room so you're upright can do it again...and again...and again.

4.  Window washing is much more fun if you're upright has cleaned the inside of the windows and while she is outside cleaning, you run along and chase the paper towel from the inside (with dirty paws) and then really, really help when you try to lick the Windex sprayed on the outside from the inside.

Sigh...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Got another one to add. Teddy goes balistic when Daddy Beas' retrieves a new plastic garbage bag for the kitchen can. Of course, Daddy inflames the situation by snapping the bag open... :devil:

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Hey SARpartner!

You may be breeding dust bunnies in your house but in ours, we call them Dust Bison!

Add this to the list:

When mommy sorts the laundry into piles on the floor, root around in them, find smelly things to steal (take at least one sock under the bed) and also roll on smelly things. When mommy is folding clean laundry, pounce on the piles of clean folded things, it makes mommy shriek :thumbsup:

In the morning with the sun shining directly on our sliding door, you can see paw marks...and on our window behind the sofa, there are nose imprints...

Our nose marks look more like snail trails. Savannah never stays still. :whistle:

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Archived