CairnTalk

help - Training and Daycare

Milopup

hello,

does anyone know if there is a directory of approved/recommended training classes and daycare for our pups? i need to find some daycare for my pup as well as some remedial/continuing training classes for him, and so far have had no luck. i am not impressed with the local Petco/Petsmart classes (and cant afford the $500/hr private classes), and the only daycare i have found involves him staying in a crate the whole day except for 1 mid-day walk. :( :(

please post or pm with any ideas....thanks. :) :)

- Mp

Check with your local animal shelter or humane society. Our animal shelter has great obedience classes for dogs. I found out about them from our vet. They even have volunteers in the beginner class with shelter dogs, so the shelter dogs adopt out very quickly. I think that's a really cool idea.

As for daycare, I'd check at the vet again, or at local groomers. Lots of times, they let them advertise on bulletin boards. Ask other people waiting at the vet's office, or at an animal shelter.

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

I'd call around to the local all-breed kennel clubs and obedience clubs and just ask to talk to someone about getting some training recommendations. I've always found they tend to know who's who in the zoo. The AKC site has a club search: http://www.akc.org/clubs/search/

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived