CairnTalk

Squirrel alert!

CathyAnn

As you can see, Piper is relentless in his quest.

P1010003.jpg

Maybe if I move to this side of the tree, he will come down.

P1010002.jpg

Cathy and Piper

Don't listen to those uprights Piper. You stand your ground! That squirrel HAS to come down sometime. And then, he is yours!

Savannah

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

One day just one wrong move and the squirrel is Cairn meat

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Priceless pictures. A Yorkie I had was a great squirrel chaser too. One day she chased a squirrel up a tree and the squirrel made a strategic error. Instead of leaping from one tree to another he lept right on the ground directly in front of my Yorkie, Moxie. And I mean within three inches of Moxie's nose.

The squirrel was so surprised about what he did that he froze. Moxie was so taken aback she just stood there. The squirrel took off and Moxie just started sniffing the grass like nothing unusual happened.

It was really funny.

Stacey

Great pics of Piper standing guard waiting for that squirrel (who, BTW, probably has disappeared over the fence). Darcy does the same thing. It's as if she's thinking Well he went up this tree, I know he's gotta come down it sometime. It never occurs to them that the squirrel is long gone over to another yard and is probably laughing at that dog still sitting at the base of the tree. Darcy will sit for hours literally if she spots a squirrel up a tree. Sometimes I even have to go out and pick her up (10:00p.m.) and bring her in. They are really tenacious little dogs.

I CAN climb this tree!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Holdsworth used to actually get around six feet up on the oak trees chasing squirrels in our backyard before gravity took over. It was really funny to see how he adapted his front legs...kind of like a South Pacific islander shinnying up a coconut palm. He never gave up on trying to do it. :D

Tara, Holdsworth's Mom Forever

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

oh my gosh, what i want to know cathy is how your tree is in full leaf!!! Our's arent!

Cute shots of Piper!!! Looks like he's having fun for sure.

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

Terry....the tree is a "Snowdrift" crabapple. It's not quite fully leafed out. It will soon have the most heavenly scented white blossoms, just covered in them. If I remember, I will try snap a shot when it is in full glory.

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

And was he quiet while stationed at the tree? Those are terrific pictures.

Can you imagine if Cairns COULD climb trees? They'd have total control over us....

"You can call me all you want. I'm not coming down. Come up and get me if you're so smart." :whistle:

oooooh, beauty hey!!!!! I'm waiting for my flowering crab to bloom. I always miss it, seems I've always been at a quilt show or in florida when it blooms. Now if the wind will let it be, I can enjoy it for a few days.

Thanks for the email Cathy!!!!! i'm such a tree hugger! :blush:

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

I know just how that poor dog feels! When we moved into this house about 20 years ago, there was a huge cherry tree between us and the neighbors. Back when I would work graveyard, I would stop under the tree and eat cherries in the morning. Seems one big old gray squirrel didn't take kindly to that and he would be up in the tree chattering at me. Before I knew it, he was throwing cherry pits at me....and he had excellent aim! It was so funny all I could do was laugh, until it came time to get the stains off my clothes!

pat.

Children don't care how much you know...they want to know how much you care.

Archived