CairnTalk

Forgot the camera :(

tena

Took Sophie to the woods today, we had not been there since winter. Spring has finally arrived in the WV mountains and with it lots and lots of little creeks and streams. We had traveled up the side of the mountian and Sophie was having a blast zigzagging ahead of me with her nose to the ground. She chased a squirrel or two and tried to climb a tree to catch them. I was much impressed with her return skills and frankly she was closer to me than she usually is. I felt more like we were walking together as opposed to me supervising her manic dashes.

While snuffling along she stopped at a small ridge and looked back to me cocking her head. She stayed on the ridge sitting up on her backside, cocking her head back and forth. When I got next to her, she wanted a head pat then headed down the small bank, stopping to cock her head every few feet.

At the bottom of the gully a small creek of spring water was trickling under the leaves. She had never seen this before and found it fascinating. I swear she tiptoed up to the edge, testing the water with a curious nose. Before I could even smile she trotted right into the center and flattened herself in the water. on her stomach, kicking out her back legs. She slopped around, giving a little hop or two before peeing right in the middle and racing downstream to smell.

Oh I wished for my camera. She was so funny. And as she is passed out in her bed I must admit she STINKS.

Tena

Sophie

Image032.jpg

Glad to hear your adventure today- sounds like fun.

As for stinky dog, you can try freshing her up with some baby wipes

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Sounds like you may have a swimmer!!! I am sure that she had a blast!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

I never knew Cairns enjoy water as much as they do until I got Scully. Now when it comes to a bath, that's different!

Sophie's living large and having a great time - I'm glad to hear it!

Sophie is almost impossible to bathe. She becomes this tiny muscle bound wiggly worm, it always shocks me how strong she is.

You could almost see the wheels turning in her head as she trotted down the bank. The gurgling of the water under the leaves attracted her attention. and then she was single minded in pursuit of discovery. She was so pleased with discovering the sound and finding out it was water she smiled.

She waded right in with much "catching" the water, jumping and hopping and when she kicked out her back legs while on her tummy, my heart just melted.

The best thing was a little farther on she heard the same sound, and she got to repeat the whole performance.

I've smiled at the mental image of her back legs straight out behind her flat on her tummy in a cold mountian stream all day.

Go Sophie

Sophie

Image032.jpg

Archived