CairnTalk

An unusual mix....Cairn/Pug

mrskti

This little pup belongs to a woman that works for us.....I've been waiting for pics from her of Millie, she looks like a doll. It will be interesting to see what her fur ends up like being mixed with a Pug. You sure can see both dogs in her, thought you all might like to see her.

I'll have to tell her about this site.

This is Millie.....

090f6caf.jpg

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

LOL, I had to chuckle at the creative breed names you came up with.

Millie is a cutie no matter what breed she is.

Our daughter recently picked up an addition to her dog, Sassy is a Cairn/Who knows What Breed. My daughter says her fur is thick and curly when it grows out. But she has the wonderful cairn personality! I hope Millie does not mind, I am going to post pictures of her dogs as well here.

Meet MoJo and Sassy

bed.jpg

Oh my at the ears Sassy!!!!

I can see cairn in both Millie and Sassy! They are both cute. :D

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Although she is adorable, I hate to see this practice of mixing breeds. I read ads all the time for Puggles or YorkiePoos and it's a shame to try and think people can all of a sudden "discover" a new breed to try and make money on.

She's cute, but I hope some breeder doesn't try to make $$$ trying a new breed like so many are doing.  Let's see . . . Carug, or Pugarin?  :confused:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, I dont think that's the case....I think it was more of an "opps" moment! Robin isnt into that stuff. She usually goes for 'free' when getting critters!!!

Sassy and Mojo...there's a couple of cuties too!!!!

I have to agree with Kayharley.... Having both a Cairn and a Pug I would never want to mix the two. Pugs are for people who love the in your face kind of dog and unless they are carefully breed you can get some really scary health problems not to even talk about the shedding. Heat can really bother them so the long walks that my cairns like are not possible. Cairns on the other hand are so independent, have a wire coat so not near as soft and they very strong willed, and big chewers....they do alot more damage.

I would not trade either of my two for the world. The only reason to mix a breed like these is to try to get the longer nose to help with breathing difficulties but you could wind up just as easily with a flat faced cairn and the only benefit I see to that is that the bark is much softer. If you could breed them and know what genes will be dominate then and only then should some one try it. I would think a breeder would have to breed a couple of litters and follow them through old age and see how they do before they would even consider the mix and you are talking about years of research.

So the puppy is really cute and I understand how someone would want her, I only hope she has really strong knees and if free from Pug Dog Encephalitis (PDE).

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

They are all cute. I love the big ears on sassy. My Missy had tall big stand up ears too.

With the cairn/pug, adorable!

My sister has two pugs and one needed the surgery for the breathing.

My son whom has bad allergys has a hard time breathing at my sisters due to the shedding, where as a cairn really dont shed. It really is a complete opposite breed, cairn and pug but so darn cute.

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

I just got an email from Robin and just so you know, she got Millie at the humane soc., someone had brought the litter and the mother in. That's sad. But at least Millie was rescued and I'm assuming all the puppies went cause they almost always do.

Both puppies are cute and I have known several really nice mixed breed dogs. I too am waiting to see the what the fur turns out like.

Sophie

Image032.jpg

Same for MoJo and Sassy. She would never encourage cross breeding at all. But she can not say no, either, to a pup in need. Both of these dogs were headed for the pound when Ash took over their care.

Poor Mo, has been so sick, she keeps a running tab at her vet's, but she would rather be poor than think about Mo not loved. So far Sassy has been healthy.

I am glad she rescued the puppy, I guess that is why breeders are so picky about getting the dog fixed so we don't have so many pound puppies.... One thing I do know it will be a real devoted dog with Pug in it, my guess is she will follow her people everywhere.

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

I"m trying to get robin to bring her to my thursday night group training. Oh man, you should have seen Ellie last night...wooohoooo!

Archived