CairnTalk

George really frightened us this morning!

George 'n' Gracie

Hello all, I wanted to share my morning with you. As I always do I let George and Gracie play outside in the morning checking on them regularly.This morning, probably the third time I had either been out with them or my husband had they wanted to stay out...I went back in the house continued getting ready for work. After a few minutes I went to check on them. Gracie came right to the door, George would not come. I called and looked. He wasn't in any of his hiding places. Then I saw the open gate! My heart pounded as I ran to the house, grabbed a coat hollared for my husband that George was gone. I walked the neighborhood calling for him and was really getting frightened. I decided to go back and recheck some areas because I heard dogs barking and figured George was probably looking for someone to play with. I finally found him...by now I am crying wondering what I would do without him. When I got back home my husband had started his car preparing to search. We couldn't figure out how the gate had gotten open. The neighborhood kids know better plus we had been out with them at eleven last night. Well...someone had tried to break into my husbands car and our house. We now have a chipped window in one of our cars, cigarette butts in our yard and a scratched up door jam.

Needless to say there will be a lock on that gate tonight!

I was never so glad to see my baby George! I couldn't quit hugging him this morning. Being a Cairn he wasn't real thrilled about that, little is much when it comes to hugs or holding. He will probably sleep all day long!

Oh, I am so glad you found him!! And thank goodness, the burglary attempt was in vain. Our Lucy used to get out on a regular basis by digging under our fence, so I was sure that was how your George had gotten away. She was a regular Houdini. Luckily our Piper is not quite as anxious to 'explore'.

All's well that ends well. ;) Give him an extra little hug, whether he likes it or not!!

Kim,mama to furbaby, Piper 4/13/2003

"Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane." ~ Smiley Blanton

Oh, doesn't that scare the heck outta ya!!!

We, too, have had our gate left open by various visitors. Our older Cairn has gotten out a few times, too. She is usually to be found 3 houses down by her 'girlfriend, Hannah's house' (Hannah is Maltese) . But, in order to get there she has to cross the street!! We have been very lucky so far that she hasn't gotten hit by a car as she has NO clue what cars are!

Glad your little George is back home and safe!

Cathy

Archived