CairnTalk

Butt sniffing

tena

My biggest concern when I brought Sophie home was how would she and the cats get along. I was pretty nervous about it in the first few months. They did well together, no chasing or fighting. A spat or two but nothing horrible.

In the past week apparently relationship building is happening between them. I've got a whole lot of butt sniffing going on.

Both the cats and Sophie have developed a fascination with sniffing the unders of the others.

This morning after her walk Sophie scooted over to the big tabby and sniffed his backside, then trotted after the little angora and did the same. A few minutes later she was letting them do the same to her.

I am so proud...my critters are butt sniffing without hassles...yeah.

Tena

Sophie

Image032.jpg

Very funny. I have to admit sometimes I'm a little grossed out by all the times Crunch and Gus do their major sniff sessions. I'm thinkin....can you please get your head out of his hinny? :D Guess it is much better than fussing with each other!

Brad, I'm so glad you added that you built the dog. When I first saw the picture I was trying to figure out what was wrong with that poor dog. LOL

Of course, you don't see me trying to build a dog. I'm afraid my "artistic" skills wouldn't produce anything that even remotely looks like a dog.

Tena, it sound like you belong in my house. Happy about the dogs nicely sniffing. Wooo Hooo!

Isn't it great when they get along?

It has taken a long time but my 16+ year old cat Minnie has accepted Roxy and they too do the butt sniffing sometimes. Roxy usually remembers that Minnie is the boss and doesn't tend to bother her too much so she doesn't get swiped at often. :D

ctdogs.jpg

LOL- Cairn terrier sniffing butt of hair terrier....thats so funny. Yep, its rather sad the things that get me all excited, and butt sniffing without fussin is one of them.

Sophie

Image032.jpg

My pup usually doesnt mind if another dog sniffs his butt, but sometimes if their nose gets a lil' too close for comfort, he gets upset. :whistle:

Yep. we have butt sniffing going on here too. In fact, my two go a little further, they groom each other...so not only do they sniff...they lick! Anyone else have this happen?

Also, Finch will bite Scout as if Scout has an itch and Finch is taking care of it....it's the wierdest thing to see....how does she know where Scout itches and where to bite?? Scout just sits there like nothing is happening to her.

Archived