CairnTalk

Cairn Success

SARpartner

Today Dusty received his SAR Wilderness Certification! I'm so proud of the little guy. He passed his test on the first try.

Thanks for letting me brag. :D

Today Dusty received his SAR Wilderness Certification!  I'm so proud of the little guy.  He passed his test on the first try.

Thanks for letting me brag.    :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm happy for you to brag. I have a minor (embarrassing) problem. Can someone please explain to this clueless Cairn Mom what SAR Wilderness Certification is so I can offer proper congratulations? :whistle:

Tara, Olie and Teddy's Mom

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

tlwtheq- you are reading my mail! I was just going to ask the same question.

Congratulations regardless of the fact I am also clueless...:)

Sophie

Image032.jpg

SAR stands for search and rescue - dogs trained to find lost people.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, that is indeed a remarkable and a noble accomplishment. Congrats!

Tara, Olie and Teddy's Mom

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

David, thanks for clearing up the questions about SAR. I forget that not everyone speaks "alphabet soup" like I do.

We train at least once a week. The training is ongoing, first to learn and acheive the certifications, then to stay sharp and keep a strong bond with the dog. We are now working on Dusty's cadaver, water, and article certifications.

I appreciate all the congrats. I'm having quite a bit of fun with this one because I get to pick on my little brother now. He is a police officer in the same area we cover for SAR. He was busting my chops about getting a "little Toto dog" for SAR instead of the big dogs he is used to seeing work. Now Dusty has made it possible for me to do the "told ya so" thing. And yes, I'm loving it.

Congrats to Dusty and to you!

And by the way, I would be honored to have a "little Toto dog" out looking for me!!!

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Archived