CairnTalk

The great "leaf hunter" of the north.

mn0270100

Ok... Snow is gone, ground is drying out, and the spring winds are starting to blow...

Molly is so focused on "catching" the blowing debris leaves that are still left on the ground from last fall, it is amazing. She is like a guard dog on sentry duty until she spots that little chunk of leaf floating accross the lawn, and then her name is no longer Molly, it's Cujo the devil dog! :devil:

On a side note, last night I took her out for a final potty run, and as we passed the garbage cans a mouse ran accross the driveway... :shock:

So much for the potty run...

Birds intrest her too, but more than anything thoes leaves get to her the most....

She chases them down, attacks them, picks them up, carries them about 10 feet, and drops them like they never existed... And on to the next one...

Is this an unsual trait?

Thanks.

David

Molly's Dogster Page

My Webpage

Birds intrest her too, but more than anything thoes leaves get to her the most....

She chases them down, attacks them, picks them up, carries them about 10 feet, and drops them like they never existed...  And on to the next one...

Is this an unsual trait? 

Molly's Dogster Page

My Webpage

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope. Cairn Terrier Motto, "So much to do, so little time." :)

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Darcy is always on the lookout for chipmunks. Under our deck we have some bricks stacked and the little devils somehow get between the wall of the house and the bricks. Darcy does a daily and nightly round checking all the spots where she has cornered them before. For the past several nights, she and Molly disappear for hours at a time out back. No barking, just silence. I go out with the flashlight and there they are, laying in front of the bricks waiting for the "munk" to appear. Molly usually gives up after awhile, but I have to literally go and fetch Darcy and bring her inside, even then she will stand at the door and whine. These are very tenacious breeds!!

While taking Buddro for a walk, i like to kick up the leaves that are piled by the curbs...Buddy really loves that and chases after them like a total spaz. As soon as they arent moving anymore, he just moves on to the next pile

I like when they shake and 'kill' the leaf.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, that's the only way they can break its neck! :D

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

We're stuck at an RV park in Troy, AL because of the storms in TN, and this place is LOADED with squirrels, the girls are going nuts. We had to put a baby gate up to keep dori out of the front window! Dori is usually fixated on birds, it's just wild. It doesnt take hardly anything blowing by to get them off track from peeing, which at 10pm is a real pain!!!! And if they see a live critter....boy howdy!!!!

I was trying to get a pic of ellie standing straight up on her back legs trying to see over the dash earlier to see some dogs outside, it's was so darn cute....they were going nuts. She moved though and didnt get the shot.

Time for a walk......

Terry, mom of Dori and Ellie Mae

th_IMG_0641-1.jpgth_prettypuppies.jpgth_IMG_0068.jpg

Savannah loves leaves too. She also seems to be fascinated with birds. They don't even have to make a sound, if they fly overhead, she looks up and barks at them following them to the end of the fence. If one didn't know better, you may think she was a little nuts...

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.

-M. Acklam

Savannah's Dogster Page

Finch and Scout don't seem to be bothered by leaves, but Finch does the "shake and kill" with her frisbee all the time....it's been dead a long time! LOL!

Archived