CairnTalk

Cairn Movies: CricketCast

bradl

Good luck with the Flyball tournament. Has she ever competed before in it? Let us know how that goes. I love watching Flyball competitions on Animal Planet. Those dogs are so fast it's unbelievable.

Lisad, a plane? Do ya'll own your own plane? Wow!! If so, does your pup go up with you?

Wonderful!!

I could only see two episodes and the intro? Would love to see all of them.....

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

Great movies! I enjoyed seeing "life" from cricket's eyes. I also have to say that I really liked the voice acting. The movies took on a story book time type theme for me. I look forward to seeing the first 11.

• 4 months later...

Thomas-

Not only did I enjoy CricketCast (as did my very visually-skewed Cairn terrier, Geordie) But WOW-- The voice over. Basso almost-profundo!

You're from the Midwest, huh? At least that's how it appears. Cricket takes direction very well. Or is it you that takes good direction?

Just Wonderin'

Jill, Maggie, and Geordie in Oregon

Holy Terrier Dogs BLOG

Wow - finally had a chance to check out cricketcast this morning - really neat and I'm with everyone else - totally captures the Cairn spirit that I love and adore. Great job - can't wait to see more and share it with Chris this evening when I get home - he'll think it's wonderful footage too.

Hollie Edelbrock & Brystal Sonoma
Chris, Stacy and Little Noah

Hey everyone - wanted to let you know that there is a new episode of CricketCast available, but it looks like several people beat me to it - thanks for posting.

Anyway, hope you enjoy this episode. We got a little bit crazy with this one and did kind of a tribute/satire of Werner Herzog. He is one of my filmmaking heroes, but as you can tell from the episode, has some pretty intense views on life.

He has been in the news that last year or so because of his documentary Grizzly Man, which was nominated for an Oscar - but he has dozens of additional features and documentaries over an amazing 40 year career. One of my favorites is actually a documentary about him that was made while he was making a feature film in the Amazon. For the film, he actually moved a very large ship over mountain.

If you search for "herzog" on youtube.com you can find several clips from his movies etc.

You can probably find Grizzly Man in your local video store - it is fascinating if you like doc's.

Anyway, that's probably way more info than you wanted to know.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

BTW, Cricket competed in her first flyball tournament this weekend. She didn't do all that well, but is steadily improving. Someone said, "oh yes, terriers are the hardest to train for flyball." Now they tell us :) Anyway, we had fun.

Thomas

I just ate my sandwich over my office computer so I could watch all of the CricketCasts. Now I'm going to have to go home and watch them again with DH and Allie. Allie will be SO jealous -- she is also in love with snow.

The accountant in the office across the hallway poked his head in and said, "What in the world are you doing in here?" when he heard the Herzog voiceover. I had him watch the intro, and he left shaking his head. I guess bean-counters don't have any sense of whimsy and romance?

I got my email reminder this a.m. and just got done watching it here at home. I just LOVE these videos. I think I'm more amazed that Cricket can without being on a lead. I'd KILL for that!

Once again...a terrific video to watch.

Thomas,

Too funny!! My husband has two favorite directors/filmmakers and Herzog is one of them. We have two of his films. We have Fitz Carraldo and Aguirre (that Klaus Kinski is quite the actor). In any case, I can't wait to show him the newest of CricketCast! I'm sure he will get a kick out of it knowing who inspired this particular episode.

Thanks!

That is so incredibly prescious! I was showing everyone at work today (they already think I am totally nuts about cairns). When I showed the flick to my little monster he got jealous--I think he wants a siggycast:)

I love when she's digging furiously. She's laying on her belly, mostly in the hole, and her rear legs are kicking dirt. Cairn on a mission!

Brad, that was my favorite part, too. I loved the little whimpers of frustration!

Thela

• 2 months later...

I'm so jealous. You've all been watching for months, and I just saw CricketCast for the first time tonight. I've got to pay closer attention to the Forum.

Thanks, Thomas for a great treat. And, as a long-time Herzog fan, I loved the W. Herzog narration! :thumbsup:

More! More!

Lorin

We have been enjoying Cricketcast for several months now and watch the movies over and over! I love the music in the intro and the narration! My dd loves to imitate the narration in Cricket Goes For A Walk! She captures the inflection in his voice so well that we all end up laughing our heads off!

I always wondered how the filming was done of Cricket running along in the snow from so far up in the air! Thanks Thomas for clearing that up for me! :)

I second Brad's comment on the site design and overall look. As a graphic designer, I must say It's a great design! The credits section is hilarious as well. Very creative!

I can't wait to get on Cricketcast and see the new episode!! Better go get my daughter first...she'll want to see it too!

Scully's Mom, I too was green with envy at Cricket's obedience off leash! Barney would be in the next county if I let him loose in the woods! :devil:

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

(can you do our home movies?)

What a great website! Great videos! I have to show this to my husband when I get home. Love, love, LOVE everything!!!!!

• 1 year later...

Chase and Gus say "Whats up, Cricketcast?

You must give some time to your fellow men. Even if it's a little thing, do something for others - something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

-Albert Schweitzer (1875 - 1965)

Chase and Gus video

Youtube- Best of Chase and Gus

Cairn Terrierists

It's because cats simply can't be trusted for heavy lifting & dirty work required in the war on terrior.

The writer's strike is over. We need new episodes. This is worse than Lost. :mad:

Unless Cricket is in rehab. That would be sad, but good for her.

So I guess all we can do is wait. Impatiently.

*taps foot*

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Loved it!! It was so great and of course we just knew it had to be Canadian! ;):P

Just saw this post was from awhile ago! WOW but to a newbie like me its new and I still enjoyed it so much, thank you!

That was absolutely so much fun! Addictive! Definitely, we need more episodes....if they ever need ideas for scenarios I'm sure everyone around here could brainstorm ideas. Cricket looks EXACTLY like Rocky. If they ever need a stunt stand in or do a 'clone dog' piece - well, we'll wait for the casting call.

If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito

• 3 months later...

Hey Thomas

Any new episodes ready yet? Cooper and Jezzy's favorite episode was the last one when Cricket was digging :)

If you want the best seat in the house, move the dog.

Archived